I bought it

12string

My wife was veklempt about giving up sleeping under canvas, felt like we've moved from camping to old people at a campground.  She did admit that not dealing with the canvas and other issues in the hybrid would be nice.  Which means we're old people at a campground.  It likely WILL end up at a NASCAR event soon, a guys' trip we haven't taken in a while.  

It's a Salem 27DBK.  The floorplan that put the TV across from the couch and dinette rather than at a right angle, out of the way kitchen with extra counter space sold us on it.  I'm not a fan of a second kitchen outside, but this one has just a counter, sink and beer fridge outside, and a bumper mounted grill that wings around to the kitchen - that I can use!

image.png.7165212798fb74f19627ddd17d3bfc92.png

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, 12string said:

My wife was veklempt about giving up sleeping under canvas, felt like we've moved from camping to old people at a campground.  She did admit that not dealing with the canvas and other issues in the hybrid would be nice.  Which means we're old people at a campground.  It likely WILL end up at a NASCAR event soon, a guys' trip we haven't taken in a while.  

It's a Salem 27DBK.  The floorplan that put the TV across from the couch and dinette rather than at a right angle, out of the way kitchen with extra counter space sold us on it.  I'm not a fan of a second kitchen outside, but this one has just a counter, sink and beer fridge outside, and a bumper mounted grill that wings around to the kitchen - that I can use!

You could take the canvas off the old rig and hang it from the ceiling in the master.  

22 hours ago, 12string said:

That's a lot like my first one, but slightly better layout.  I like the storage under the rear beds, though the door right by the bunks not so much with young kids.

mod59689.jpg
fbb918de631cd55.jpg

Just a lot of wasted space under that back bump and the bottom bunk didn't have a window so it was just a dark ass cave with no air flow.  So the newer layout of this one that you got definitely has some improvements making it more functional.

6400# dry.

We looked at the 262.  They have opened up the bunk area.  My wife thought the L shaped counter ate up floor space without offering useable counter space.  Once we saw the one with the TV across from the couch, we were sold.  I kind of like the door placement, I can grab a kid by the scruff, yank 'em out of the bunk and right out the door they go!

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, 12string said:

6400# dry.

We looked at the 262.  They have opened up the bunk area.  My wife thought the L shaped counter ate up floor space without offering useable counter space.  Once we saw the one with the TV across from the couch, we were sold.  I kind of like the door placement, I can grab a kid by the scruff, yank 'em out of the bunk and right out the door they go!

And if you are trying to keep an eye on 'em you can duct tape them to the bunk.  Clear shippers tape works well for that too.

My 1/2 ton tows 9900#.  I was going to give it a pull with the regular hitch and see how the auto leveling and sway control on the truck handle it, but I decided the distributing hitch is cheap insurance.

And that gives me the "but honey, these performance upgrades will pay for themselves in gas savings when we tow!"

8 minutes ago, 12string said:

My 1/2 ton tows 9900#.  I was going to give it a pull with the regular hitch and see how the auto leveling and sway control on the truck handle it, but I decided the distributing hitch is cheap insurance.

And that gives me the "but honey, these performance upgrades will pay for themselves in gas savings when we tow!"

I'm thinking the thing about testing sway control is that if you fail the test you could be in a world of hurt.