I have 60,048 unread emails

Prophet Zacharia

That sounds like my email account. I always stayed logged in here but something changed recently and if I leave for even a short time it makes me log in again. I find that really annoying. I don’t know if that was something the squirrel did or Apple. I was logged in for years without having to sign back in before.

4 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Do I need to get another telling me I have logged in here from my phone as a “New Login Device”, every time I do so? Is there a settings option to undo that feature?

I get those, too, maybe SW can shut that off?  It is interesting that I get those every time I use my phone to check the forum.

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

Thanks. It would be a nice thing to have an option to eliminate.

They said no.  It's there as a safety mechanism to let you know someone signed in to your account with a new device.

I can turn it off globally for everyone, but individual users can't.

How many email do you get a day from it?  I only get one if I sign in from a new device, as when I travel and use a new PC.

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

They said no.  It's there as a safety mechanism to let you know someone signed in to your account with a new device.

I can turn it off globally for everyone, but individual users can't.

How many email do you get a day from it?  I only get one if I sign in from a new device, as when I travel and use a new PC.

Every time I log in on from my phone, which is my most usual means of accessing the forum.

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Do you need to log in each time?  The site uses cookies to keep you logged in.  If the cookie is gone, it likely thinks of it as a new log in.

Most times. I time out on my WiFi at work, so that results in needing to rejoin. Then again to join at home, and any time I sign in with cellular.

My vote would be to turn off the notifications all together.

• 3 months later...
On 1/18/2018 at 1:38 PM, Prophet Zacharia said:

Most times. I time out on my WiFi at work, so that results in needing to rejoin. Then again to join at home, and any time I sign in with cellular.

My vote would be to turn off the notifications all together.

@Square Wheels This is where I left it, as it suddenly stopped and I no longer got these emails, until this week.