Amazon HQ.2.0

Scrapr

Will not come to Portland.  Puddletown got embarrassed and shamed into submitting a bid. All the cool kids were doing it. So about 3 months ago P town slid one up the highway. Probably didn't help that the bid was predicated on high speed train commutes between tbe 2 cities. Yeah. The train that derailed going 80 in a 30. 

All you hipsters and neer do wells .stay out. We are full up

12 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Will not come to Portland.  Puddletown got embarrassed and shamed into submitting a bid. All the cool kids were doing it. So about 3 months ago P town slid one up the highway. Probably didn't help that the bid was predicated on high speed train commutes between tbe 2 cities. Yeah. The train that derailed going 80 in a 30. 

All you hipsters and neer do wells .stay out. We are full up

Hoe aboot shitkickers and Methodists? :scratchhead:

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Hoe aboot shitkickers and Methodists? :scratchhead:

Let me check the list:

• Southern Baptist?   Full
  • Mormons?    Full
  • Ironic mustachio caffe latte with a free range cinanamon    Full up

Looks like Methodists are in

And sh!t kickers too. Those have to stay on the east side though. Fortunately that is @Dirtyhip side (for now) And you have to catch here at home too. She has a crap ton of vacay and isn't afraid to use it

All others welcome to visit. Bring yer own food cart. Try $15.75 sliders. That niche is only lightly represented

I am LOL at the PDX. I am sure they are heart broken on the rejection. 3 months before? Have some backbone and stand on your principles. No Multi nationals!!!!

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

They want land and Bombardier is putting Downsview airport up for sale.  I hope that isn't enough.

Toronto on the list, might be just to get the other remaining 19 to game-up since some will wondering about Toronto and not know much about Toronto.  So Toronto may be put there as a dark, but viable horse.  Well you know, Canada the underdog....fine.  Let us just invent in our background and conquer the world market. (which is what Shopify is doing right now and some of our major national banks.)

You know, a foreign techie but friendly threat. :D 

I'm not surprised that Calgary was not short-listed, even though we did submit a serous bid. We don't have the breadth and depth of techie expertise that Amazone wants compared to what is found in Metro Toronto and Waterloo. We're abit too isolated in the mid-prairies....which is why Denver may not get it.  Wrong part of the continent.

If Toronto doesn't get it, you still have a strong economic base now.  That's why Mayor Tory didn't want to submit any millions of tax exemptions, etc.

I can't wait until we get turned down.  Not only don't we have the infrastructure to support it (e.g., roads wider than two lanes), but I guarantee we'd be raked over the coals and lose some of our humanity in the process.

Amazon's useful for buying products.  But moving in here? They can suck it. I'll celebrate when they turn us down.  Oh good - we didn't make the cut. Now - I can celebrate.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2018 at 6:29 PM, shootingstar said:

Toronto on the list, might be just to get the other remaining 19 to game-up since some will wondering about Toronto and not know much about Toronto.  So Toronto may be put there as a dark, but viable horse.  Well you know, Canada the underdog....fine.  Let us just invent in our background and conquer the world market. (which is what Shopify is doing right now and some of our major national banks.)

You know, a foreign techie but friendly threat. :D 

I'm not surprised that Calgary was not short-listed, even though we did submit a serous bid. We don't have the breadth and depth of techie expertise that Amazone wants compared to what is found in Metro Toronto and Waterloo. We're abit too isolated in the mid-prairies....which is why Denver may not get it.  Wrong part of the continent.

If Toronto doesn't get it, you still have a strong economic base now.  That's why Mayor Tory didn't want to submit any millions of tax exemptions, etc.

Funny, I always thought of Denver as being rather 'techie', but what do I know.