tide pods and stupid children

maddmaxx

It seems that some kid ate a tide pod while making a video for Utube.  Then he issued a challenge for others to do it.  Of course kids being somewhat less than responsible took up the challenge.  Utube took down his video and promised to take down all the others.  The kid then took his circus to twitter.

How about sending children's services to his home for some "corrective action" cause "taking down their video" isn't such a harsh punishment.

It won't be long before some politician steps up to pass a law to save us from ourselves, either by making the pods less colorful (ostensibly making them less appetizing), or making it a serious crime for a parent to allow his stupid child to eat a pod, or by tacking a tax on them to fund an "awareness" campaign, or by banning them outright.

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Depends.  Why does anyone need any more than an aluminium framed bike for a few hundred dollars?

Choice.

I can see the pods being less messy, though, but I'd never pay the more. I'd allus do the clean up. I can clean the bathroom sink with the washing powder spillage. That's a double saving, n'est pas?

43 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

If one can afford it, no biggie.

If you worry about not being able to pay your house payment because of that purchase, that is another story.

Parents who allow their children to do this, post videos and issue challenges to other kids on multiple social media formats have far more problems than making a house payment.  I believe that "taking down the video" by facebook is far to light a slap on the wrist for child neglect.  If we can indict a young girl for egging on a boyfriends suicide then we can follow up on this sort of thing.  The cost of the pods is just a side show.

1 hour ago, shotgun said:

Yep, pure laziness AND convenience.

We use pods for the dishwasher.  Very nice to just reach in the bucket, grab one, put it in the dishwasher, and go.  Just easier all around - they don't leak, they combine washing and after-washing stuff (some people add detergent and then an after-wash liquid too), and it is real easy to see when you need more. Costco size makes it so that is only once or twice a year. :D

Tom

43 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Parents who allow their children to do this, post videos and issue challenges to other kids on multiple social media formats have far more problems than making a house payment.  I believe that "taking down the video" by facebook is far to light a slap on the wrist for child neglect.  If we can indict a young girl for egging on a boyfriends suicide then we can follow up on this sort of thing.  The cost of the pods is just a side show.

I was responding to your comment that I figured was an obvious dig at my bike quiver.