I was never in lust with an Alfa Romeo until the last few years

Ralphie

After Fiat, which owns Alfa Romeo, bought Chrysler, they decided to introduce an enlarged-for-American-tastes Chrysler version of the Alfa Romeo Giulia:

5a62b84bf204e_AlfaRomeoGiulia.png.a1a7b7d25bd26f3af8cc34230f8acc20.png

Unfortunately, they stretched the popular car but left the headroom at a tiny 37.9", didn't do much else inside and worst of all, named it the "Dodge Dart," after the bad-reputation car from half a century earlier.

It didn't last long - they stopped making it in 2016.

It makes me wonder how people who made the decisions on the Giulia-Dart could get it SO wrong.

10 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...when I was young, and cool, and working in Italy, I had one of these:

60101511-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1

Now, I am none of those things, and in retrospect it was probably a good idea I sold it when I left Italy.

I remember these as a kid. I always got them mixxed up with the Fiat Spiders. I also remembered the Spitfires, TR6s  and 1600 Datsuns, I had an MGB. I remember there was at least one roadster on every street. I also remember we all had our "bonnets" up much of the time too. :nodhead:

8 minutes ago, Chris... said:

Alfa was known for their rust issues when I lived in England 

Apparently they all did. I've mentioned on here before that I was thinking about getting a Spitfire, it even followed me home and was parked across the street. But one of my coworkers (who had one) said to look under it first. I walked over when no one was looking. The underside was so rusted it looked like it would snap in half if you hit a bump. :huh:

VZM.IMG_20160904_185354.jpg

22 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Apparently they all did. I've mentioned on here before that I was thinking about getting a Spitfire, it even followed me home and was parked across the street. But one of my coworkers (who had one) said to look under it first. I walked over when no one was looking. The underside was so rusted it looked like it would snap in half if you hit a bump. :huh:

VZM.IMG_20160904_185354.jpg

Modern cars are indeed automotive nirvana compared to the bad old days. :)  Just bring money. :D

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

49 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I can't imagine driving that over some of the streets around here.  Much damage to the undercarriage would ensue.  :(

I drive this color and even at this height I hit curbs and parking lot stop blocks. It actually has a touch more green in it in most light.  Sort of a safety green.

2016-Scion-iM-05.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

18 hours ago, MickinMD said:

After Fiat, which owns Alfa Romeo, bought Chrysler, they decided to introduce an enlarged-for-American-tastes Chrysler version of the Alfa Romeo Giulia:

5a62b84bf204e_AlfaRomeoGiulia.png.a1a7b7d25bd26f3af8cc34230f8acc20.png

Unfortunately, they stretched the popular car but left the headroom at a tiny 37.9", didn't do much else inside and worst of all, named it the "Dodge Dart," after the bad-reputation car from half a century earlier.

It didn't last long - they stopped making it in 2016.

It makes me wonder how people who made the decisions on the Giulia-Dart could get it SO wrong.

I bought mine in 2013. Its a 6 speed manual.  I just turned 150k miles on it. No issues. I still love driving it. 

I'm tall. I fit inside the car very nicely. The front seats are completely adjustable. I wear fedoras regularly and have plenty of headroom. 

Anyway.image.jpg.9b73da1d7646402a30c0e8431751f945.jpg

• Awesome 1