I'll take your ideas for my leftover rotissery chicken

petitepedal

So many things.  Not sure where to begin.

Sometimes, I make a risotto with it.  You can add it at the end, just to heat it back up, but not overcook it.  I really love asparagus, chicken risotto.  I do this when my asparagus patch comes up.

You can strip the carcass and make soup with the remaining bones.  

I have made a lemon and chicken soup with orzo and egg yolk.  It is rich and wonderful.  You add the chopped up chicken to the soup. 

https://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2014/02/greek-lemon-soup-with-chicken-and-orzo.html

Enchiladas of course is easy as hell.

Make a salad and top it with shredded chicken.

So a veggie and chicken pasta salad with it. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Have you read Salt, Sugar, Fat?  Goes into some nice detail and history on all that.  I am aboot half way through sugar now.

I haven't.  I know when you combine them, you get a highly addictive food item that makes you crave more. 

Sugar is under control in my diet, mostly.  Salt seems to be under control as well.  I do get a lot of fat, but it tends to be good fat like nuts, olive oil and avocado.  

I made a black bean, corn, and pepper salsa like thing...and put it on salad with some of the chicken...I will probably do the same for lunch tomorrow...and maybe Wednesday :dontknow:  I have enough chicken for maybe 1 or 2 days..just using a little....

Any good salad dressing out there that are "Southwestern"....I like the one Paul Newman made for McDonalds....I just added a touch of Thousand Island (I actually only use that on Reuben Dip :whistle:)

In the mean time...I got Asparagus to cook...will probably make that tomorrow night!