Can We Change P&R to PBR?

Razors Edge

Based on the Amazon corporate decision to select a new HQ and the SW story moving to P&R, maybe it is time for the Politics and Religion section to become the Politics, Business, and Religion section. PBR sounds good (not so sure how it tastes since I'm not a hipster).

Tom

@Page Turner,

I have decided to rename P & R to whatever you'd like. You are lacking common sense in both of these areas but you're still miles ahead of the majority of the swine that post in the forum. 

I grant you this right. 

Lord of the Carolinas,

Cheese

5 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

@Page Turner,

I have decided to rename P & R to whatever you'd like. You are lacking common sense in both of these areas but you're still miles ahead of the majority of the swine that post in the forum. 

I grant you this right. 

Lord of the Carolinas,

Cheese

...I'm gonna have to think about it, as this is a responsibility I  do not take lightly.

Right now, I'm leaning toward the "Stormy Daniels on Politics" forum.

GREENVILLE, S.C. — Year two of the Trump presidency began here overnight much like year one had ended: with his alleged ex-mistress smashing people’s faces into her bare chest at a strip club between an airport and a cemetery.

Adult film star Stormy Daniels, who once claimed to have slept with Donald Trump not long after he married Melania, performed at 11 p.m. Saturday — the anniversary of his inauguration — and 1 a.m. Sunday here on the outskirts of town.

“HE SAW HER LIVE,” the Trophy Club’s flier said. “YOU CAN TOO!”

The federal government remained shut down, but Daniels was open for business.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/stormy-daniels-star-of-the-latest-trump-sideshow-took-her-act-to-a-strip-club-it-was-a-scene/2018/01/21/57a469d2-fe7b-11e7-a46b-a3614530bd87_story.html?utm_term=.6d25f10d28ef

Based on Page's views, he is fond of being misled and living in pretend worlds, much like most of his beloved California. Money grows on trees, borders are silly, and drugs are necessary to keep the illusions alive. 

Page, how about I change the name to the Goody Goody Gumdrops Factory?   :)

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Based on Page's views, he is fond of being misled and living in pretend worlds, much like most of his beloved California. Money grows on trees, borders are silly, and drugs are necessary to keep the illusions alive. 

Page, how about I change the name to the Goody Goody Gumdrops Factory?   :)

"Sadly, I must inform you, @AirwickWithCheese has no authority to make name changes..."

...I know the ugly truth now, pal.  It's a shock to learn that you've been negotiating in bad faith...I'm shocked and dismayed.:( I suppose this means that Israel is not going to pay for the border wall between California and Nevada, either.  Our negotiations on this are at a standstill, and I would not be surprised if the resulting kerfuffle shuts down the forum.:default_sissy-fight-smiley:

• Heart 1

Please remember, Wheels has no authority beyond what I grant him on a daily basis. Much like a California budget his authority comes from the actual labor of others. 

I shall change the name AND make you as wise as Jerry Brown. Not the 1970s completely drugged out of his mind Jerry Brown but the more socially acceptable post Linda Ronstadt Jerry Brown. 

Poppyseeds and Dancing Kittens,

Cheese

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I shall change the name AND make you as wise as Jerry Brown. Not the 1970s completely drugged out of his mind Jerry Brown but the more socially acceptable post Linda Ronstadt Jerry Brown. 

Poppyseeds and Dancing Kittens,

Cheese

...there are some distinct advantages to being a less socially acceptable, drugged out, stoner hippie.  For example, we are in the midst of a flu pandemic here, with daily headlines about how some unfortunate socially acceptable person died from it.  Yet, I remain perfectly healthy.  I can only presume it has to do with people keeping their distance.

The right to social unacceptability is clearly covered under Amendment 9 in the Bill of Rights.

Other Rights Kept by the People

The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

• Heart 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 11:33 AM, Razors Edge said:

Can We Change P&R to PBR?

Oh no!  PBR might be no more (after 2020, at least). I fail to see how MillerCoors needs to continue with their "partnership"? Without a clear contract, maybe PBR needs to sort their shit out or start brewing their own beer.

-----------------------------------

Pabst Brewing Company and MillerCoors are going to trial, with hipster favorite Pabst contending that MillerCoors wants to put it out of business by ending a longstanding partnership through which it brews Pabst’s beers.

The case has high stakes for Pabst, whose lawyers argue that the company’s very existence relies on the partnership with Chicago-based MillerCoors, which produces, packages and ships nearly all its products, which include Pabst Blue Ribbon, Old Milwaukee, Natty Boh and Lone Star. MillerCoors, meanwhile, says it’s not obligated to continue brewing for Pabst and that Pabst doesn’t want to pay enough to justify doing so.

Pabst needs 4 million to 4.5 million barrels brewed annually and claims MillerCoors is its only option. It is seeking more than $400 million in damages and for MillerCoors to be ordered to honor its contract.