Roadrunner is pretty cheap

jsharr

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

I wonder what a 0 mile showroom Roadrunner would be worth today.  :whistle:

'69 Roadrunner w/59k went for $91k a few years ago on Bring a Trailer

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-plymouth-roadrunner/

I have been semi watching that site and ebay motors for an early 60's Volvo 122. Something like this

Screen-Shot-2017-07-28-at-1.05.32-PM-940x640.png

The ad above is for a stripped down, basic version.  All of the "completely equipped" equipment shown in the ad were the items that made up the Road Runner package (vice a standard Belvedere). But with the basic version, you didn't get the matte hood treatment or the mag-style road wheels as shown.  Also, no radio.  

My 1968 Road Runner had an automatic trans, hood treatment, road wheels, vinyl top, radio and an upgraded interrior.  Approximately 3500 list, bought it for 3000.

In 1969, I had a decent job working for the US government at Norfolk Naval Shipyard.  IIRC, I was making about 3.50 an hour, taking home a little over $100 a week.  $3000 was a lot of money.   :)

Mine looked exactly like the one in this ad:

1968_Plymouth_Road_Runner_ad6.jpg.c201798e2e3adc188152fa6fd42c8f11.jpg

• Heart 2

53 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

The ad above is for a stripped down, basic version.  All of the "completely equipped" equipment shown in the ad were the items that made up the Road Runner package (vice a standard Belvedere). But with the basic version, you didn't get the matte hood treatment or the mag-style road wheels as shown.  Also, no radio.  

My 1968 Road Runner had an automatic trans, hood treatment, road wheels, vinyl top, radio and an upgraded interrior.  Approximately 3500 list, bought it for 3000.

In 1969, I had a decent job working for the US government at Norfolk Naval Shipyard.  IIRC, I was making about 3.50 an hour, taking home a little over $100 a week.  $3000 was a lot of money.   :)

The ad clearly says it has a radio so you are wrong and they are right.

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

F70 was a wide tire in those days and the red streak (red line) tires were a must have.  :)

It isn't too obvious, but the ad I posted depicts the red line tires.  

By the time I started driving white letter tires were the rage. You had to have Kelly superchargers if you wanted to be cool mounted on Cragar SS wheels

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

By the time I started driving white letter tires were the rage. You had to have Kelly superchargers if you wanted to be cool mounted on Cragar SS wheels

I wasn't so keen on the red lines myself.  At the first sign of wear, I replaced the red lines with F70 Goodyear Polyglass white letter tires.  

5a64c99dcc1fb_RRin79-1(640x433).jpg.bd300b5f101783531fa10f1da92d3a8a.jpg

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

If you were in the shipyard in 69, did you attend the races at Suffolk Dragstrip.  It's surprising that we didn't meet.  The race car shop was in downtown Norfolk at Whit's Transmission Exchange.  In 69 I was living in Ocean View near the Jolly Roger Club and I was racing every weekend at Suffolk, back then with either the Barracuda or the 62 Corvette.  I was beginning to travel a bit however. That part continued to get worse through most of 71.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

If you were in the shipyard in 69, did you attend the races at Suffolk Dragstrip.  It's surprising that we didn't meet.  The race car shop was in downtown Norfolk at Whit's Transmission Exchange.  In 69 I was living in Ocean View near the Jolly Roger Club and I was racing every weekend at Suffolk, back then with either the Barracuda or the 62 Corvette.

I went to Suffolk in the mid eighties (my high school years) and a few times after that.  Also to Pungo Dragstrip a few times.  Probably not very much after 68.