Another Neat Loop

Razors Edge

...and it can almost be combined with @dennis Escalante trek.  The Utah Zion to Bryce loop featured in this month's (Feb 2018 - vol45 no1) Adventure Cycling magazine:

AdventureCycling-Utah.thumb.JPG.70887cbaa19c52005c833957f1e100c5.JPG

DAY 1:  ST. GEORGE TO SPRINGDALE/ZION NATIONAL PARK,  
43.5 MILES, 2,618 FT. ELEVATION GAIN 

DAY 2:  SPRINGDALE/ZION TO HATCH, 
58.9 MILES, 4,416 FT. ELEVATION GAIN

DAY 3:  HATCH TO BRYCE, 
23.6 MILES,  1,401 FT. ELEVATION GAIN

DAY 4:  BRYCE TO PANGUITCH, 
23.3 MILES,  522 FT. ELEVATION GAIN 

DAY 5:  PANGUITCH TO KANARRAVILLE, 
70.5 MILES,  5,367 FT. ELEVATION GAIN

DAY 6:  KANARRAVILLE TO ST. GEORGE, 
45.7 MILES,  1,407 FT. ELEVATION GAIN

Tom 

30 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It is mainly road.  So you'd get to mix and match .  Camping and National Parks is always a win-win.

Tom

I'm not much for road riding, but it could work if needed. I'm looking for something in the St George area this spring. Escalante is pretty close. 

17 hours ago, dennis said:

I'm not much for road riding, but it could work if needed. I'm looking for something in the St George area this spring. Escalante is pretty close. 

We did the driving Utah NP big loop which started with camping overnight in St George (flew into Vegas), then Zion followed by Bryce followed by Escalante (camped at a state park) and then onto more fun (Arches/Moab/Capitol Reef/Navajo Monument/Grand Canyon/etc.).

The St George state park was beautiful - like an amuse- bouche leading into the big National Parks.  The Escalante state park was a great location just outside the town and giving great access to the slot canyons.  We did a great climbing/rappelling/hiking adventure there, and had a wonderful meal just outside of town.  It was all great fun and Escalante is just at the top of the start/end point of your route.

Tom

6 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

We did the driving Utah NP big loop which started with camping overnight in St George (flew into Vegas), then Zion followed by Bryce followed by Escalante (camped at a state park) and then onto more fun (Arches/Moab/Capitol Reef/Navajo Monument/Grand Canyon/etc.).

The St George state park was beautiful - like an amuse- bouche leading into the big National Parks.  The Escalante state park was a great location just outside the town and giving great access to the slot canyons.  We did a great climbing/rappelling/hiking adventure there, and had a wonderful meal just outside of town.  It was all great fun and Escalante is just at the top of the start/end point of your route.

Tom

So we should take climbing gear too? This could be quite a trip.

18 hours ago, dennis said:

So we should take climbing gear too? This could be quite a trip.

If you are really attached to your gear :D then you could bring it, but I'd recommend a guide for slot canyons, and the guides have plenty of gear you can use.

Tom