The Story of the Oven

Parr8hed

3 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

If there is anything wrong with this new one we may see how much force is needed to shove an oven directly up someone's ass.  

You might have to compress it a bit first, but hopefully it still has some spring.

I am curious - did you buy from a big-box store?  We had a similar experience with a dryer, that arrived looking like it had been dropped from some height.  We actually had to point this out to the installer, who apparently was going to pretend he didn't notice.

good luck.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

You might have to compress it a bit first, but hopefully it still has some spring.

I am curious - did you buy from a big-box store?  We had a similar experience with a dryer, that arrived looking like it had been dropped from some height.  We actually had to point this out to the installer, who apparently was going to pretend he didn't notice.

good luck.

I bought it from a website related to my employer.  You order through them and they take the money out of your check.  It is pre-tax and interest free over a year.  The actual order went from them through Best Buy business.    BBB is the company that actually delievered it to my house.

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I cannot remember how much I have talked about the oven on here.  This is because I am forgetful.  

My oven element went out a while back (2 weeks?).  Since we hated the oven and it was old we ordered a new one.  This made me happy.  But we have to pay for a new one.  This makes me sad.  

New oven came in last Friday.  This makes me very happy.  But I had to take off a day of work.  This make me sad when I knew that I would have to pay for the new oven.  

When the new oven arrived it was AFU.  Top was all bent to shit.  Not usable.  This made my angry.  

Since Friday I have been on the phone with the place where I purchased it numerous times, getting bounced around from the delivery service to the place where I purchased.  This had made me extremely frustrated.

I finally have a new oven on the way again.  This makes me happy.  It will not be here until next Tuesday.  This makes me mad again.  

If there is anything wrong with this new one we may see how much force is needed to shove an oven directly up someone's ass.  

One reason I am willing to spend a bit more and buy locally, along with the potential for having needed repairs done in a timely fashion in a small town. I know many of you repair your own, but I don't. 

Just now, sheep_herder said:

One reason I am willing to spend a bit more and buy locally, along with the potential for having needed repairs done in a timely fashion in a small town. I know many of you repair your own, but I don't. 

Yea, I just used a work related site that takes the money out of my paycheck over a year.  No interest.  Makes it a little easier to take the purchase.  

20 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I predict that peds will find that uncivil. :mellow:

That goes without saying. Do you ever stop even for 1 moment to consider whether it was the even the fault of said delivery guy standing before you?

Delivery guys' lives matter, tha knows.

Losing time off work, then having to do same again is a tad tiresome, I'll grant ye. I'd probably go for getting compo for that out of the deal.

21 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I bought it from a website related to my employer.  You order through them and they take the money out of your check.  It is pre-tax and interest free over a year.  The actual order went from them through Best Buy business.    BBB is the company that actually delievered it to my house.

These schemes are good, there is the same nationally here for getting a bike to go to work on, mine came through it.

I bought a new fridge, still sealed in the box. Loaded it in the back of my truck. I was on my way to dinner at my in laws and was running late. They lived about two miles away. I figured I would drive careful and strap it down after dinner at in laws. Pulled out of appliance store, stopped at red light. Started out when light turned green and felt the truck shake and heard a big thunk. Fridge fell over and was resting on the tailgate. When we got it home and was unpacking it I noticed a dent. I told my wife we should take it back, it’s dented. She just looked at me. We still have the fridge, the dent is up against the wall.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

I cannot remember how much I have talked about the oven on here.  This is because I am forgetful.  

My oven element went out a while back (2 weeks?).  Since we hated the oven and it was old we ordered a new one.  This made me happy.  But we have to pay for a new one.  This makes me sad.  

New oven came in last Friday.  This makes me very happy.  But I had to take off a day of work.  This make me sad when I knew that I would have to pay for the new oven.  

When the new oven arrived it was AFU.  Top was all bent to shit.  Not usable.  This made my angry.  

Since Friday I have been on the phone with the place where I purchased it numerous times, getting bounced around from the delivery service to the place where I purchased.  This had made me extremely frustrated.

I finally have a new oven on the way again.  This makes me happy.  It will not be here until next Tuesday.  This makes me mad again.  

Wait a minute..  aren't you in Kentucky or Tennessee?  Just push the old one out into the front yard for decor and back the trailer up to the kitchen door.  Viola! New oven!

• Whatever 1
  • Awesome 2