Eureka!!!

sheep_herder

17 minutes ago, jsharr said:

So do you maintain the herd at a certain size or do you just keep letting it grow?  How big is your herd / flock / throng now?

If you sell, do you sell the does after they are weaned or do you keep the herd young and sell more mature herd members?

Oooh! Excellent questions!

:popcorn:

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

All I found when I got up in the middle of the night was some cat throw up. :angry:

That happens to me sometimes: I consider it a let off if I don't discover it with my bare foot. In the campervan 1 time I trod bare foot in half eaten mouse, not nice.

But hooray for triplet goats :cheerleader:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

So do you maintain the herd at a certain size or do you just keep letting it grow?  How big is your herd / flock / throng now?

If you sell, do you sell the does after they are weaned or do you keep the herd young and sell more mature herd members?

We sell young and old at different times during the year at auction and from home.  We are still in the process of culling our herd from when we ran on more acres. We sell a few for slaughter in town, but most go to auction when 60 to 90 pounds.  One can usually get $0.50+/pound for the old culls.