Well, that's that

Indy

1 minute ago, parodybot said:

Neato!  Get something fun and sporty yet inexpensive.

Maybe a Mazda 3 or 6?  

Or a Mitsubishi Mirage.  42mpg and less than 5k.

I'm going into the contracting world.  The actual company I'll be working for hates to lay people off, so they put an emphasis on hiring people who are versatile.  But I'm primarily back in the test world after almost two decades out of it, finally. 

• Heart 3

25 minutes ago, Indy said:

Just signed and emailed back acceptance of a job offer.  Still got to nail down a start date and go car shopping since for the time being I'll have over an hour commute one way.  Good bump in pay which is nice but no benefits.  I'm a stressed out wreck.

This one happened fast, phone interview yesterday morning, I had an offer by the afternoon.  My head is spinning.

Welcome to the world of faxing or emailing W4's, direct deposit info, confidentiality statements etc.  My job also took just a few days from conversation to "start".

It's exciting eh?

Congratulations.

3 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

great news, Indy.

My commute's a lot longer than it used to be but I prefer to focus on the silver lining that is "I have more time to listen to loud music".

I carpool so I can;t play it sa loud as I woudl like.  ANd I lost the only other guy that liked music similar to mine.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I'll have over an hour commute one way

I commute about 40-45 minutes each way.  I talk to my sales guys or customers both ways.  I often end up sitting in my driveway finishing up my last call.  Time goes  fast and it is productive.

Really glad for you Indy.  Double nice...raise in pay and back in the field you want to be in.  

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, parodybot said:

Neato!  Get something fun and sporty yet inexpensive.

Maybe a Mazda 3 or 6?  

Okay, you win.  I found a Mazda 3 hatchback, 5 speed manual.  THAT WILL WORK!!!

Like the fact they don't have a timing belt to worry about, so all long term maintenance is pretty simple.

• Heart 1

Indy,

I wish you good fortune, and a place that allows you to be you, enjoy what you do and where you do it.  And I might recommend a Honda Civic be on that list, good fuel economy, and reliable.

My employer offers money to obtain health insurance rather than the insurance itself, so we use WoHB's plan and have a separate HSA with our credit union for extra expenses.  They did add a 401k with matching over time, and this year just added life insurance and disability, so that's nice.