Shitcan Razors edge.

Wilbur

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

So THIS is the forum where it’s cool to call each other names? Good to know. Now... who are you calling Wimpy? Shirely it’s.... SW? 

Luckily, I don't plan on complaining to mods about name calling or balance or behavior on the forum.  Folks get sensitive about certain things, so they need to live their lives in wys that work for them.

Tom

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Luckily, I don't plan on complaining to mods about name calling or balance or behavior on the forum.  Folks get sensitive about certain things, so they need to live their lives in wys that work for them.

Tom

Indeed. It just seemed like it was worthy of some examination. Especially when the main mod wasn't appearing to object in any manner.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I think Maxx is limiting (or limited in) his powers to P&R.

Tom

Yes, his choice to limit it to P&R, a really tough job and I am very grateful.

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I meant SW. Maybe "main mod" isn't the correct term, but he's been very involved (as is his right) in squelching inappropriate behavior, so I do consider him a moderator in that sense.

I think he's doing terrific work there. 

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I think he's doing terrific work there. 

You would, but it's been known for a long time you have very low standards.  Just look at the company you chose to keep.

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2018 at 7:21 AM, Square Wheels said:

Today is Tuesday, sorry, this failed to make it on the agenda again this week.

On 4/24/2018 at 8:39 AM, Razors Edge said:

I was too busy to make it, so that's GREAT news!

Tom

However, today is Saturday and Saturday's seem like good days to 'cut loose'.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:21 PM, dotman17 said:

However, today is Saturday and Saturday's seem like good days to 'cut loose'.

I feel like I am getting the run-around.  I wasted my Saturday drinking coffee (burned and cold) and eating donuts (stale and the "cake" type) hoping the darn meeting would start.  Decided maybe I got the dates of the change wrong, so showed back up on Sunday and drank even worse coffee and ate far staler donuts only to notice that there was a Post-It on the conference room door saying "Gone Riding".  I was suspicious of that note since so few SW folks actually "ride", so I stuck around for a while longer to make sure I at least could say "I tried".  Clearly, nothing ever happens on Mondays, so when this past Tuesday rolled around, I was ready (again) with a short, but powerful, Powerpoint demonstration.  No one showed up, but it did give a few hours to rework the Powerpoint slides, catch some typos, and add an exploding asterisk at a transition point.

I'm definitely ready to go on Tuesday.

Tom

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I feel like I am getting the run-around.  I wasted my Saturday drinking coffee (burned and cold) and eating donuts (stale and the "cake" type) hoping the darn meeting would start.  Decided maybe I got the dates of the change wrong, so showed back up on Sunday and drank even worse coffee and ate far staler donuts only to notice that there was a Post-It on the conference room door saying "Gone Riding".  I was suspicious of that note since so few SW folks actually "ride", so I stuck around for a while longer to make sure I at least could say "I tried".  Clearly, nothing ever happens on Mondays, so when this past Tuesday rolled around, I was ready (again) with a short, but powerful, Powerpoint demonstration.  No one showed up, but it did give a few hours to rework the Powerpoint slides, catch some typos, and add an exploding asterisk at a transition point.

I'm definitely ready to go on Tuesday.

Tom

If you work at a tech company, that sounds about right.  6 days of bullshit and 1 day of gut wrenching insanity to throw a bunch of crap together that is releasable in the last 4 hours.  And by releasable, I mean good enough to appease the other assholes you report to who are afraid for their own jobs.  No doubt riddled with defects -- but those can be mediated into features or put on the back log as 'nice to haves'.

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2018 at 10:21 AM, Square Wheels said:

Today is Tuesday, sorry, this failed to make it on the agenda again this week.

I reworked my Powerpoint demonstration outlining the "pro" side of keeping Tom around.  I'm ready for Tuesday, and I can guarantee it will be the best one hour Powerpoint demo you have ever seen! Looking forward to my opportunity to both entertain and educate folks on the "Tom Experience" and why it is such a positive force in the SW forum.

Tom

6 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I reworked my Powerpoint demonstration outlining the "pro" side of keeping Tom around.  I'm ready for Tuesday, and I can guarantee it will be the best one hour Powerpoint demo you have ever seen! Looking forward to my opportunity to both entertain and educate folks on the "Tom Experience" and why it is such a positive force in the SW forum.

Tom

I'm sorry, but due to vacation season, tuesday meetings are on hold until at least the end of summer.

• Haha 1

...I was thinking about this (well just daydreaming, really. Thom is over in his car thread lying his ass off again, about how Virginia is a sports car driver's paradise.) I have to wonder if maybe we might not have the votes to shit can in one fell swoop, but we might manage enough votes to impeach ?  Then there could be a trial, where people could present testimony and his defense could respond in the spirit of due process. That would be fun.  Due process is kind of a turn on.

44 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...in my dreams everyone is naked.  Everyone. All the time. What do you think this might mean ?

It sort of sounds like you are soliciting a "glamour shot" from me!

You're in luck!  Generally, I can get an e-mail out with a few "choice" shots in a business day or two. If you need it mailed, that is a problem, since I only do that sort of thing on Wednesday, and who knows what the future holds :(

Thom

30 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It sort of sounds like you are soliciting a "glamour shot" from me!

You're in luck!  Generally, I can get an e-mail out with a few "choice" shots in a business day or two. If you need it mailed, that is a problem, since I only do that sort of thing on Wednesday, and who knows what the future holds :(

Thom

....that's right. Tuesday is the day they picked for the banning committee to meet, isn't it ? Damn the luck. :angry: