Does it really matter who wins the Superbowl?

Mr. Silly

The bigger question in my mind is how can any1 watch it live on the tv? Goes on for effing ever, 5 hours plus, actually includes fewer than 60 minutes of sport action. The only way is to record it and get busy with the >> switch. Don't even get me started on the 1/2 time 'entertainment' and the poxy tv adverts that have y'all wetting your pants.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Around my area people ask:”why do they call it a Super Bowl if the Steelers are not playing”?

I always wonder about that myself.  Today is the 5th anniversary of the greatest play in Super Bowl history.  Hint - James Harrison,  fumble return, touchdown.

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, pedalphile said:

The bigger question in my mind is how can any1 watch it live on the tv? Goes on for effing ever, 5 hours plus, actually includes fewer than 60 minutes of sport action. The only way is to record it and get busy with the >> switch. Don't even get me started on the 1/2 time 'entertainment' and the poxy tv adverts that have y'all wetting your pants.

Good point!  About 15 of us get together for the Super Bowl and if you're close to the TV you've got to be quiet and watch the game.  So most people are in the dining room connected to the living room or the adjoining kitchen and talk while snacking on the array of food.

21 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Good point!  About 15 of us get together for the Super Bowl and if you're close to the TV you've got to be quiet and watch the game.  So most people are in the dining room connected to the living room or the adjoining kitchen and talk while snacking on the array of food.

Sounds about right: a 6 hour snackathon with a few sporty highlights on the side.

For the OP I only axe that it be a decent match up, not a runaway win either way. It's too much to expect the drama of the Saints Vikings quarter final game though.