Do you have enough uppity butter where you live?

Randomguy

3 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I only buy Costco butter now.  I'm a member of the Costco family, and if they find out you buy anything else, it causes problems at the holidays.:default_sissy-fight-smiley:

They sell Kerrygold there, so you will still be in good standing with them if you have some.  It is much, much better than Costco's standard butter.

2 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I bet if I look around I can find some artisanal butter made from cream from Northern California cows that only eat non gluten, vegan feed.

Hmm, I challenge you.  You must now get some and post a review, a review of butter.

What is the most uppity butter in the country?

Willow Creek Ranch,

Mountain Ranch CA

Address: 5125 Michel Road, Mountain Ranch CA 95246

Farm Type: Farmer Ranch

About Us / Willow Creek Ranch History:

Willow Creek Ranch:We are a family farm and pride ourselves in FOOD FRESHNESS, APPEARANCE, SMELL, TASTE and QUALITY. We are situated in the GOLD COUNTRY, 5 miles off of highway 49 on Mountain Ranch Road where the north Fork and South Fork of Willow Creek merge . We are members of "Calaveras Grown" (UC Davis Agricultural Extension Non-Profit Group))and our farm has been closely evaluated by UC Davis Small Farms Center Director (Desmund Jolly). We would love to have you visit the farm for a tour, to see our milk..

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

Willow Creek Ranch,

Mountain Ranch CA

Address: 5125 Michel Road, Mountain Ranch CA 95246

Farm Type: Farmer Ranch

About Us / Willow Creek Ranch History:

Willow Creek Ranch:We are a family farm and pride ourselves in FOOD FRESHNESS, APPEARANCE, SMELL, TASTE and QUALITY. We are situated in the GOLD COUNTRY, 5 miles off of highway 49 on Mountain Ranch Road where the north Fork and South Fork of Willow Creek merge . We are members of "Calaveras Grown" (UC Davis Agricultural Extension Non-Profit Group))and our farm has been closely evaluated by UC Davis Small Farms Center Director (Desmund Jolly). We would love to have you visit the farm for a tour, to see our milk..

This doesn't count unless you get some, eat a stick of it and review it.  You could eat the butter plain, or with food if you must.

What the Random Intestinal Parasite said. Kerrygold is good but there is more uppity butter out there. Ohio and here both offer some form of Amish butter. The belief that the simple Amish and their farming ways make more better butter. Not true Slim. European butter tends to have more butterfat as a percentage by weight. The diet and general well being of the cow is important to the quality of the milk and that my friend is important to the quality of the butter. California cows, like the page-turning librarian said, eat non-gluten, vegan feed. What he's not saying is their anxiety levels are extremely high cause by the fires, droughts and shaking ground under their hooves. Vermont cows, being of sturdy Yankee stock, produce better milk than those liberal pansy cows out west. Hard winters, mild summers and general changes in the season result in more contented cows and that leads to better milk. Better butter. The uppitiest butter comes from a small communal farm on the western slopes of the Green mountains. The butter is so uppity only 21 people know of its excellence. I could tell you the name but it will cost you $250. That's how uppity their butter is.  

• Heart 2

...nothing but local cheese at teh farmers market.  I will check the co-op to see what sort of vegan friendly dairy butter they're selling for 15 dollars per pound.

But I'm not promising I'll buy and taste any of it.  Us retirees on fixed incomes need to watch those pennies at the grocery.