What did you eat today?

Randomguy

26 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Used in the pancake batter. No need to add more, its in the mix. Flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and butter.

LAJ used to coat his pancakes with butter like frosting a cake. 

He and I are alike in that regard, uppity butter on pancakes is a beautiful thing.

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

When my Jewish uncle would come to visit for a few days when I was a kid, he always fixed his own breakfast;  bagels and lox w/ cream cheese.  Every day.  :)

I could eat that nearly every day... Id be a blimp and my diabetes would be out of control but I could do it...

A 310 Calories Jimmy Dean "Ranchero" breakfast bowl (9 oz., just 310 Cal) with coffee (15 Cal half & half), Two 4 oz Activia Probiotic Yogusts for lunch (2 x 90 Cal) with Diet Ginger Ale.

That leaves 2000 - (310 + 25 + 2x90) = 1485 Cal for dinner and snacks!

If I have the energy to cook dinner tonight, it's going to be 8 oz. of Haddock, broiled with lime juice, salt and pepper (176 Cal.) with 10 oz. of baby gold potatoes (200 Cal. - nuked) and 8 oz of peas (184 Cal. nuked).  That's 560 cal., and I'll stay under my 200 Cal. goal with about 500 Cal of desert (2 donuts or a couple Little Debbie Brownies, etc.).

If I don't have the energy, I have a 16 oz. nuked Aldi's Beef Steak Tips with Veggies (Potatoes, Carrots, Onions) and Gravy: 760 Cal, still staying under 2000 Cal/day with dessert!

Note that the 2000 Cal limit comes from putting my data into sparkpeople.com's free calculator, where you input your personal physical data, personal exercise schedule, what you want to weigh and when, and it spits out the approx. Calories you should consume each day.

I used it before when I went from 294 lb to 231 lb in 18 months.  Recent hip and shoulder problems saw me gain back to over 270 lbs., but I've been on the 2000 Cal. limit for a few months and am back down to 260 lbs.  I'm expecting 240 lbs or lower by the end of 2018.