I fell asleep

Road Runner

... while sitting on the sofa watching something inane on TV.  When I awoke, my head was looking down at my hands in my lap.  What I saw were weathered hands with pronounced veins, showing significant signs of aging.  I'd seen those hands before.  They were my father's hands.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

You missed the Super Bowl, it was pretty good.

11 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I considered a (voluntary) nap today, but I read instead, and did some cleaning.

I post something reflecting my personal life experience and my innermost feelings, and this is what you cretins took from it?   :(

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

I post something reflecting my personal life experience and my innermost feelings, and this is what you guys took from it?   :(

Yup, for now this is how I am dealing with aging.  I get aches and pains that I didn't.  My teeth have always been terrible, clearly that isn't getting better.  I'm shorter than I used to be.  I have almost no hair, that kinda a drag.  My vision is terrible.  My hearing is still decent, but clearly less than it used to be.

For now, I am accepting it.

Your post made me sad, but not sad for you.  You're a great person and I wish you lived closer so we could be friends.

• Awesome 1

29 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

... while sitting on the sofa watching something inane on TV.  When I awoke, my head was looking down at my hands in my lap.  What I saw were weathered hands with pronounced veins, showing significant signs of aging.  I'd seen those hands before.  They were my father's hands.  

I looked closely at my hands the other day. They are old man hands. And they don't work very well anymore.

I feel your pain

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

What was in the hands??

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

When my son was about 17 or 18 years old I told him to enjoy life and experience everything you can because one day you are going to wake up and ask what the f#ck just happened to the last 25 years. 

I was poking around on the Internet when I ran across this post from my son. 

Screenshot_2018-02-04-17-47-05.thumb.png.bf2327f8083da62ede4c8b9e3105f27c.png

• Heart 1