It’s time to end the mixed messages about the handling of marijuana. It’s still schedule I on the federal level, yet being approved for medicinal use in a steadily increasing number of states. In these states, doctors are being asked to take certified courses to allow them to recommend marijuana use for their patients, yet doing so would put them at risk of losing their DEA license to prescribe other restricted medications. And while some states have legalized it for recreational use and others have decriminalized it, a marijuana zealot at the DOJ can turn that upside down with Federal prosecution whenever they chose. Legalize it, tax it, and keep prices down to discourage back market sales. Do it!

“Sen. Cory Booker on Wednesday introduced legislation that would legalize marijuana, expunge federal marijuana convictions and penalize states with racially-disparate arrest or incarceration rates for marijuana-related crimes. The changes are aimed at undoing some of the harm the nation's decades-long war on drugs has inflicted on poor and minority communities.

Like legislation introduced two years ago by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), the bill from Booker, a New Jersey Democrat, would remove marijuana from the federal Controlled Substances Act. This would remove marijuana from the purview of the federal Drug Enforcement Administration and allow states to set their own policies.

But Booker's bill would go considerably further. It would withhold some criminal justice funding from states that haven't legalized marijuana if they exhibit racially disproportionate arrest or incarceration rates. In effect, this would apply to each state in which marijuana is not currently legal....”

Just so much "noise".  Having pot be illegal and the DEA prosecuting (persecuting) folks over it is a decades long decision made by uptight folks.  The relative similarity of pot vs alcohol vs cigarettes shows the level of hypocrisy, but the mood in DC is not towards progress right now.

Again, folks trying to keep pot illegal will be on the wrong side of history. But it takes awhile to move forward and often a regressive push-back will rear its head, thwarting progress for a period of time. Long term we all know pot will be legalized. It will best be regulated under the FDA in a manner more appropriate to food not drugs, but none of this happens overnight. I remember back in college and High Times magazine talking about and working towards legalization. I thought they were way too optimistic (even crazy), but I am happy to see, almost THREE DECADES later, that some sanity is slowly creeping into the effort to have real rules on pot.

I don't use pot (or any illegal drugs), so I won't really benefit one way or another if it gets legalized, but I do know it has been a ridiculous war on a relatively safe drug.

Tom

That Republican Congressmen have reacted negatively to Jeff Sessions’ encouragement of resumption of federal prosecution of marijuana laws provides some hope that now may be the time to overturn 80 years of misguided policy. 

Meanwhile a lot of Canadian provinces are not ready by Jul. 2018, to implement mechanisms and systems to deal with legalization of pot in Canada for retail, use, etc.  I know Alberta isn't. Ontario govn't has just signed a deal with a CAnadian e-commerce software firm to make it easier to manage and report sales of pot in authorized outlets ...as part of, but separate from the liquor control board stores.

On 2018-02-13 at 8:47 PM, shootingstar said:

Meanwhile a lot of Canadian provinces are not ready by Jul. 2018, to implement mechanisms and systems to deal with legalization of pot in Canada for retail, use, etc.  I know Alberta isn't. Ontario govn't has just signed a deal with a CAnadian e-commerce software firm to make it easier to manage and report sales of pot in authorized outlets ...as part of, but separate from the liquor control board stores.

It is taking a step backwards with funding coming from Cayman banks in accounts full of Liberal part hacks and potential organized crime.  This will look good on True-doh!

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It is taking a step backwards with funding coming from Cayman banks in accounts full of Liberal part hacks and potential organized crime.  This will look good on True-doh!

Unfortunately this will happen since other jurisdictions have not legalized pot.

On 2/14/2018 at 9:35 PM, Wilbur said:

Actually, other countries, esp. Israel, have done a lot of research into using pot as a medicine.

Step forward.

If it's legal, you don't need to launder the money in the Caymans, or anywhere else, you have that completely backwards.... What the hell is a Liberal part hack???

And if it's legal, you can regulate and tax it. Colorado is developing pot tourism, and the money is rolling in.

But other than being completely wrong, great post.

I love it when I can look this good, that easy.

26 minutes ago, late said:

Actually, other countries, esp. Israel, have done a lot of research into using pot as a medicine.

Step forward.

If it's legal, you don't need to launder the money in the Caymans, or anywhere else, you have that completely backwards.... What the hell is a Liberal part hack???

And if it's legal, you can regulate and tax it. Colorado is developing pot tourism, and the money is rolling in.

But other than being completely wrong, great post.

I love it when I can look this good, that easy.

The people standing to make the biggest money are also the biggest supporters of the Liberal party of Canada.  The funds have been sent through Cayman banks in an attempt to conceal the connection. It has nothing to do with the legalization of weed. Can't have friends of the Leftists seen making all the money.  Bad for next years election.  So, you are so far wrong, you look like the fucking idiot you are.