Wild Weekend Plans this second weekend in February?

petitepedal

Driving to Houston on Saturday to pick up the motorcycle.
Coming home and riding the motorcycle
Drinking hot chocolate
Maybe ride the motorcycle again
Yell at my neighbor about him not liking the noise of the motorcycle
come home and start up generator because it is louder without a muffler then the motorcycle.... 

Tell my wife neighbor is a crabby old fart that already complained about motorcycle a week before I got it :)

• Haha 1

I get home after two weeks on the road hopefully tomorrow night.  Daughter 2 should be home for the weekend as she heads to Australia mid-week for a four year degree program.  Son (only) is coming up to see his sis before she goes.  WofZeph has been painting so I have three new interior doors to install and trim to put on.  So busy weekend for me

• Heart 1

I'm looking for a quiet weekend, but I'll probable end up calling the cops.

You see, I got this neighbor who's a little crazy.  He thinks everybody in the neighborhood enjoys motorcycle engines roaring and revving just as much as he does.  :rolleyes:

I always ask him nicely to try to keep the noise down, and he responds by yelling at me and starting up this old piece of junk generator that has no muffler. :angry:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

This weekend is Scouting for Food.  We will be going door to door to about 2000 houses to collect items for the local food banks.

Scouting is the single largest one day provider to the food banks in our area.

What time will you be on Sprinkle Road?  I'll wait for you.  I'll look for the old red Chevy struggling to get up the hill.

Emmy's softball team had two girls get injured playing basketball.  One girl was already out for this tourney this weekend on a trip with parents.  So our team cancelled the softball tourney this weekend.  This means that we can go to the basketball tourney with her travel basketball team.  We will make the drive when I get off work.  It's about 1.5 hours west.  

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

Emmy's softball team had two girls get injured playing basketball.  One girl was already out for this tourney this weekend on a trip with parents.  So our team cancelled the softball tourney this weekend.  This means that we can go to the basketball tourney with her travel basketball team.  We will make the drive when I get off work.  It's about 1.5 hours west.  

I think they either need to go back to the way basketball was when I was young where basketball was not a contact sport or they need to wear protective equipment like football players, helmet included. One of the lifeguards at the pool this morning was telling me her daughter suffered a concussion at a game this week.

Nothing serious. Driving up to Baltimore to visit a friend at University of Maryland Medical Center. He had open heart surgery three weeks ago (ruptured aorta). I haven't seen him or his wife in over 30 years. His wife said he's being cranky so I'm giving him my Surly t-shirt. Try to ride some Saturday as its rain rain and more rain Saturday night into Sunday.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I think they either need to go back to the way basketball was when I was young where basketball was not a contact sport or they need to wear protective equipment like football players, helmet included. One of the lifeguards at the pool this morning was telling me her daughter suffered a concussion at a game this week.

Yea, and Emmy plays either a big forward or small center.  Either way she is down on the blocks, setting screens, blocking out, and banging bodies.  

• Awesome 1

27 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Daytona ARCA race saturday and Daytona Clash and pole qualifying Sunday.

It has begun.

It begins February 18.  But I know how you think. I'm that way about football, even driving an hour and a half each way to watch my team practice in early August.

I'm a pretty marginal NASCAR fan, but I spent 15 years living 20 miles from Watkins Glen, so it kind of rubs off.

We are heading to Chicago for the International Motorcycle Show Saturday to see if we can find Wo46 some leather. Sunday I might go ride motorcycles on ice. 

Somewhere we have to find time to celebrate Wo46 birthday on Saturday.

We have to buy groceries .so we will go to an indoor market. Probably settle down for a Turkish snack..and coffee before. :)  Although Chinese New Year's is coming up on 16th, I tend to sorta not totally pay attention. We need to pick up a rubber flapper for toilet, maybe for me to look at a vacuum cleaner.

Am taking an easy because I've conquered my cold from last weekend.

5 hours ago, BuffJim said:

It begins February 18.  But I know how you think. I'm that way about football, even driving an hour and a half each way to watch my team practice in early August.

I'm a pretty marginal NASCAR fan, but I spent 15 years living 20 miles from Watkins Glen, so it kind of rubs off.

IMO Feb 18 is the beginning of the real new year and almost the beginning of spring.

• Heart 1