Snew

team scooter

2 minutes ago, team scooter said:

We only got six inches. :dontknow:

But work called and said stay home, schools are closed, etc. The snowmobile trails are  finally open though. :rolleyes:

20180209_074122_resized.jpg

it's amazing how people cancel stuff these days.  I don't remember many snow days when I was younger. 

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

it's amazing how people cancel stuff these days.  I don't remember many snow days when I was younger. 

Six inches? Pffft! I thought this was Wisconsin. I think its because we haven't had much snow yet this year. Heck Chicago is getting almost a foot. Wife said she was one of a few cars on the road, stuck behind a plow truck going 35 mph. I'm sitting home watching the mobile news crews at the nearby truck stops measuring snow and interviewing drivers getting fuel and coffee. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I can tell you this....

I drive a school bus part time.  I have a lookout much different now than before driving a bus.  You gotta be careful with those little fuckers. 

LOL

Lol, around here the old timers tell stories (in the '40s and '50s) about the school buses driving across the frozen lakes to save 15 minutes on the route. Different times. Imagine if they tried that today. :frantics:

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Yes, but back then you didn't have all these vehicles like nowadays that can cope with snow, which enable folk to live further out from work and schools. So modern life is all Win Win :P

• Heart 1

When we have moved, we like to get on a school bus route, as these roads are usually cleared first.  Six inches with wind can cause some problems with drifting.  This may not be a problem in your area where your snow is probably wetter/heavier. Ice and big snow drifts (3-4') tall across roads in strategic spots are the problems locally. Road graders plowed this morning and blew the mail box around.  Fellow with a pay loader that cleared the snow at the school, stopped and cleared the plowed berm across my driveway and cleared an area from the gate to the road.  He felt bad about the grader taking the mail box.