Ignore function: more problems

Page Turner

On 2/9/2018 at 7:39 PM, Square Wheels said:

The mods were all hand selected from the finest available people, there will be no ignoring of mods.  @Kzoo only takes his meds on even days, tomorrow should be better.

If that is the case, maybe it is time I was bumped up to mod-level.  I think my audience should be guaranteed, since I speak with the wisdom of a hundred "normal" members.

Tom

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

If that is the case, maybe it is time I was bumped up to mod-level.  I think my audience should be guaranteed, since I speak with the wisdom of a hundred "normal" members.

Tom

Sure, you'll need to go through the standard election process.  Please submit your 50k signatures and I'll add you to the ballot.  They must all be from established members here with at least 100 valuable posts.  Voting begins on Tuesday.

7 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Sure, you'll need to go through the standard election process.  Please submit your 50k signatures and I'll add you to the ballot.  They must all be from established members here with at least 100 valuable posts.  Voting begins on Tuesday.

Tuesdays are starting to get very busy for me. Any chance we can move the start date?

Tom

...if you get elected, will you serve ?  I wonder what will happen to the forum software if I preemptively put you on ignore now, and you are then elected to the esteemed moderator position and given an honorary title like "The honorable @Razors Edge":huh:   This might be an experiment worth pursuing.  Science marches on.:skipping:

6 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...if you get elected, will you serve ?  I wonder what will happen to the forum software if I preemptively put you on ignore now, and you are then elected to the esteemed moderator position and given an honorary title like "The honorable @Razors Edge":huh:   This might be an experiment worth pursuing.  Science marches on.:skipping:

Do it! :default_sissy-fight-smiley:

Tom

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

Good thought.  I suspect he would remain as listed as being ignored, but you'd still see his posts.

This software is used by many people, probably millions.  I think the developers have that worked out.

Too bad there's no way to test this theory, he'll likely be banned Tuesday.

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2018 at 12:52 PM, Square Wheels said:

Good thought.  I suspect he would remain as listed as being ignored, but you'd still see his posts.

This software is used by many people, probably millions.  I think the developers have that worked out.

Too bad there's no way to test this theory, he'll likely be banned Tuesday.

I am planning a charm offensive!  Folks need to be prepared to be charmed and beguiled! I'm really gonna try out my A-game with you idiots wonderful people! :foryou:

Tom