Great winter Carnival

Digital_photog

After moving it 2 weeks later because of weather the carnival was smaller than usual.  Benefit was this was the first year that we had enough snow to run dog sleds on Main Street.  Tarnish Malamutes had 6 dogs there and we had 3.  There were several spectators there who had Samoyeds and a Malamute. At the end of the demo we hitch their dogs for them and showed them how to start a dog for the first time.

Belva had her grandsons driving her dogs. Very beautiful and well trained AKC champion Malamutes. Belva has 40 years experience training and showing. You can see the skills watching her work with the dogs.

Her husband has judged many shows and knows his dogs well. He kept telling me that we need to show Shila. Says she is one of the best young Siberian puppies he has ever seen.

I demoed bikjoring with Balto and the fat bike. (brakes are more important than pedals) I was glad I had the studded tires on the slippery street.

The last event of the hour long demo was 1 dog drag races between Belva's 11 year old grandson and Kiara our 8 year old granddaughter.

Syracuse Winter Carnival

SWC-1.thumb.jpg.18c0fb95aac4b7ac5ec8cc5a4d999f27.jpg

SWC-Inkfree-2.thumb.jpg.4aee9b0c30ccb091a34861b3333ec85f.jpg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

How can it be a winter carnival without a polar plunge? Ice sculpture?

:scratchhead:

There was ice sculpture.  The polar plunge idiots did that 2 weeks ago on the original date.   They didn't move it to get the snow and cold.  5 k run was also 2 weeks ago.  Snowmobile drag races were cancelled. Ice on the lake wasn't considered safe for them.

• Awesome 1