How difficult is to make Lasagna?

dinneR

Italian Grandmother Doesn’t Have Heart To Tell Family Any Dipshit Can Make Lasagna

p2eutuxi7p9dg3kxein7.jpg

EASTON, PA—Dreading the looks on their faces once they realized the recipe was “truly easy as fuck,” local grandmother Rosemary Guzzo, 79, confirmed Monday that she didn’t have the heart to tell her family that any dipshit can make lasagna. “No, I don’t think I can bring myself to do it. They’d be too crushed to find out I learned how to make ‘Nana’s famous lasagna’ from the back of a Barilla box,” said Guzzo, explaining that the dish involved not some old-world secret guarded by generations of Italian matriarchs, but the layering of pasta, meat, cheese, and tomato sauce. “You know what’s hard to make? Soufflé. Not lasagna. Any knuckle-dragging dumbass off the street can set an oven to 375 and pop in a baking pan.” At press time, Guzzo’s daughter had asked her to write down each step so they could enjoy the “family treasure” for years to come.

• Awesome 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dennis said:

At press time, Guzzo’s daughter had asked her to write down each step so they could enjoy the “family treasure” for years to come.

I wonder what percentage of "family treasure" recipes are straight out of old Home Ec text books, off the backs cans and boxes, or from "classic" cook books? 

Tom

WoW makes chocolate chip cookies straight from the recipe on the chocolate chip bag. About all she does beyond the recipe is adjust the amount of flour for weather conditions. 

People beg her to make them for parties! She took a batch to the State Fair staff when we were working very late hours the first getting things up and running. The lady in charge of the baking competition told her to enter some. She never did. Didn’t feel it was her recipe. 

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I wonder what percentage of "family treasure" recipes are straight out of old Home Ec text books, off the backs cans and boxes, or from "classic" cook books? 

Tom

In my family 0%.  My mom learned by watching and then doing from her mom and Oma. I learned the same way and actually waited too long as many of her recipes were lost forever after her stroke and passing.

But what I got from her was by making it with her as nothing was written. 

5 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

Pre heat oven to 425 degrees

Remove plastic wrap and cardboard sleeve.

Loosen foil top and tent  it to let steam escape

If cooking from frozen, allow 120 minutes cooking time.

Geez, I don't know, that sounds pretty complicated.

A man, a can, a plan.  An essential kitchen tool for men.

Man, a Can, a Plan: 50 Great Guy Meals Even You Can Make!

• Heart 1