A local ride, Tour de Madison

Parsnip Totin Jack

https://tourdemadison.com/

I rode this last year and signed up again this year. May 19, 2018. 62 miles through Virginia's piedmont. The route is well marked, great support and most of the rest stops feature locally made refreshments. The $40 registration goes to support several local organizations who do good works. At the finish is a BBQ lunch and live music. 

15 hours ago, Old#7 said:

https://tourdemadison.com/

I rode this last year and signed up again this year. May 19, 2018. 62 miles through Virginia's piedmont. The route is well marked, great support and most of the rest stops feature locally made refreshments. The $40 registration goes to support several local organizations who do good works. At the finish is a BBQ lunch and live music. 

Almost local! That's a 1 1/2 drive from Reston.  So, that requires an early wake-up time to get out the door for me.  But probably very pretty. And they added a little kicker loop for you this year!

Tom

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Almost local! That's a 1 1/2 drive from Reston.  So, that requires an early wake-up time to get out the door for me.  But probably very pretty. And they added a little kicker loop for you this year!

Tom

Local-ish. It was a fun ride last year. They had the kicker loop in 2017 also but after fighting wind all day I declined the challenge. Maybe this year.

8 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Local-ish. It was a fun ride last year. They had the kicker loop in 2017 also but after fighting wind all day I declined the challenge. Maybe this year.

April and May are wind-tastic for sure around here. They don't list a start time window, but it really isn't horrible getting up at 5:30am once in a while to get a good ride in. But only ONCE in a while.

Tom