Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Old#7

A local ride, Tour de Madison

Recommended Posts

https://tourdemadison.com/

I rode this last year and signed up again this year. May 19, 2018. 62 miles through Virginia's piedmont. The route is well marked, great support and most of the rest stops feature locally made refreshments. The $40 registration goes to support several local organizations who do good works. At the finish is a BBQ lunch and live music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Old#7 said:

https://tourdemadison.com/

I rode this last year and signed up again this year. May 19, 2018. 62 miles through Virginia's piedmont. The route is well marked, great support and most of the rest stops feature locally made refreshments. The $40 registration goes to support several local organizations who do good works. At the finish is a BBQ lunch and live music. 

Almost local! That's a 1 1/2 drive from Reston.  So, that requires an early wake-up time to get out the door for me.  But probably very pretty. And they added a little kicker loop for you this year!

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Almost local! That's a 1 1/2 drive from Reston.  So, that requires an early wake-up time to get out the door for me.  But probably very pretty. And they added a little kicker loop for you this year!

Tom

Local-ish. It was a fun ride last year. They had the kicker loop in 2017 also but after fighting wind all day I declined the challenge. Maybe this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Local-ish. It was a fun ride last year. They had the kicker loop in 2017 also but after fighting wind all day I declined the challenge. Maybe this year.

April and May are wind-tastic for sure around here. They don't list a start time window, but it really isn't horrible getting up at 5:30am once in a while to get a good ride in. But only ONCE in a while.

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×