Fat Tuesday morning thread

Kzoo

Last session of this workout..tonight...Wednesday will be rest or maybe..yoga..Thursday I get the other workout...Got all sorts of chaos at the condo..last night board president cancelled the meeting is is calling for a special vote to kick a member off the board...board president is a prick....

Oh no fat here...it isn't on the diet...

Working this morning.  Didn't sleep well last night again.  it's a damn cycle.  Nose makes too much snot.  Take benadryl before bed.  Wake up groggy.  Woke up at 4:30 to pee and tried to go back to sleep.  Took me forever.  As soon as my eyes closed Charlie found something to bark at.  Then it was 5:30 and time to get up.:angry:

3 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Last session of this workout..tonight...Wednesday will be rest or maybe..yoga..Thursday I get the other workout...Got all sorts of chaos at the condo..last night board president cancelled the meeting is is calling for a special vote to kick a member off the board...board president is a prick....

Oh no fat here...it isn't on the diet...

you are not fat.  Get out of our thread.

I may go out for comfort food, but I should have my usual salad.

Ryan has the flu and when the fever and body aches / cramps hit, usually at 3AM, he freaks out a bit.  I have been up at midnight and 3 AM the last two days and still at the office by shortly after 8 and I am feeling a bit worn down, and I have Scout related functions four out of seven days this week I think.  May be five.

Mardis Gras and the related things have never been big players in my family, so I tend to not do anything special for them.

For those of you that do celebrate, have fun and be safe.

2 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I am giving up sugar for lent. So will probably indulge today.  Getting BuffCarla chocolate for VD. Maybe she'll open it tonight and share some.

What about "fake" sugar like Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose (Splenda), or their fun friends Sorbitol & Xylitol? Or the sugars with healthy names like stevia, agave, fruit juice concentrate, honey, maple syrup, and molasses? Or the sugars by other names ones like corn syrup, dextrose, dextrin, or barley malt?  

Reading nutrition labels is FUN :D 

Tom

• Heart 2

16 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What about "fake" sugar like Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose (Splenda), or their fun friends Sorbitol & Xylitol? Or the sugars with healthy names like stevia, agave, fruit juice concentrate, honey, maple syrup, and molasses? Or the sugars by other names ones like corn syrup, dextrose, dextrin, or barley malt?  

Reading nutrition labels is FUN :D 

Tom

Not part of my ban per se, but I don't drink much diet soda anymore. Don't eat much, if any, of the other sugars with healthy names you listed. I do have a small piece of fruit 3 or 4 times a week. No fruit juice.

I forgot.  Donut Day.  Not like I would have changed it up anyway.

Since I will be giving up beer and wine for Lent, I will find something nice to partake in tonight.  I have a well aged Olah Dubh 18 in the cellar, but I'm considering using that to break the fast on Easter.  I did promise my BiL I'd share it.  

I do think I'm doing this backwards.  Belgian Quads were developed by the monks as a way to get their nutrition during the 40 day fast.  I really should follow that regimen instead - a quad or 4 every day of Lent

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, 12string said:

Since I will be giving up beer and wine for Lent, I will find something nice to partake in tonight.  I have a well aged Olah Dubh 18 in the cellar, but I'm considering using that to break the fast on Easter.

...people still give up stuff for Lent ?:huh:  OK, that's inspiring.  I'm giving up haggis for Lent. 

No haggis shall pass my lips from now until Easter. Next year, I'm giving up lutefisk for Lent.  That should make me a better person.

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...people still give up stuff for Lent ?:huh:  OK, that's inspiring.  I'm giving up haggis for Lent. 

No haggis shall pass my lips from now until Easter. Next year, I'm giving up lutefisk for Lent.  That should make me a better person.

I'm better than you.  I have never allows either of those 2 disgusting things to cross my lips.