Down 1.1

petitepedal

21 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Track every calorie you consume and stay within your allowance.

I'd say FOCUS on developing good HABITS.  The routine of exercising and eating well will be what sustains you in the long run. Tracking calories and weight fluctuations can drive some folks nuts.  I still suggest a food journal, but not necessarily at the calorie level. Same with an activity journal (same journal?) that tracks your various activities - again at the higher level.

If you get into the rhythm of exercising & movement and eat better more often, you will see long term improvement such that when you look at a photo in five years, you are floored by the changes. You are well on your way to having your routines become good habits!

Tom

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

The weight training is great.  I've finally really learned to enjoy it.  Now that I find it fun, the results are showing.  My massage therapist is going to freak out.  She hasn't seen me in 6 months.  My back looks insane right now.  All the rowing really defines your back. 

I have not had a sports massage in, well, ever.  I wonder if it would be a good idea after the double centuries?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

The weight training is great.  I've finally really learned to enjoy it.  Now that I find it fun, the results are showing.  My massage therapist is going to freak out.  She hasn't seen me in 6 months.  My back looks insane right now.  All the rowing really defines your back. 

I think I need to incorporate rowing or some sort of pulling excersizes.  I do a lot of push ups but I noticed late on my ride Sunday I was getting fatigued in the arms on steep inclines where I'm pulling on the bars. 

Just now, petitepedal said:

No vegan diet for me...I can do vegetarian got a few days if needed..but CHEESE is a gift from the Gods...:nodhead:. I also like the occasional fish, chicken, eggs, heck even pork or beef. I think I actually have bacon once a year.

Well if you really want to be a better person I hear you have to go vegan.  Someone said that once.

Wonder what RG says about this?

18 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I think I need to incorporate rowing or some sort of pulling excersizes.  I do a lot of push ups but I noticed late on my ride Sunday I was getting fatigued in the arms on steep inclines where I'm pulling on the bars. 

Lat pulldowns, bent rows, reverse grip pulldowns, low cable rows.... I love back day!!

• Heart 1