Sleeping better

Gump

I had been waking up around 3ish every morning for a while. Would then toss and turn til 4:30, doze off and then be awake at 4:58(my normal wake up time). Last week I decided no more caffeine after noon, what a difference. Last three nights I’ve slept straight through from 10-4:58. Hopefully I didn’t just jinx it☹️

I hope your cure continues to work.

I'm also one who doesn't do caffeine late or I'll stay awake.  My normal limit is 6 pm, but I've had a couple high-caffeine drinks like Mountain Dew and was up half the night!

Ever since my extensive rotator cuff surgery last June, I've been more comfortable sleeping in a recliner than a bed, but I wake up more often than normal.

My doctor says April should be the time I try to sleep 100% in my bed.  I can't wait.

2 hours ago, Zackny said:

I had been waking up around 3ish every morning for a while. Would then toss and turn til 4:30, doze off and then be awake at 4:58(my normal wake up time). Last week I decided no more caffeine after noon, what a difference. Last three nights I’ve slept straight through from 10-4:58. Hopefully I didn’t just jinx it☹️

Why 4:58 when you could wake at 5:00?  2 minutes makes all the difference between waking at an hour that starts with a 4 and an hour that starts with a 5.  

27 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Why 4:58 when you could wake at 5:00?  2 minutes makes all the difference between waking at an hour that starts with a 4 and an hour that starts with a 5.  

Your guess is as good as mine. For years I had an alarm set for 5 but always woke up 2 minutes before the alarm went off. I haven’t needed an alarm in 25 years, still get up at the same time every day.