Shani Davis is a whiney bitch...

Green Grass

Just now, Parr8hed said:

He is a speed skater dude.  That's about all I got.  

Ok. Short track or the real thing? I got no time for the short track nonsense. Was he whining about too much wind? The long track skating is brilliant to watch, so graceful as well as lung bustingly athletic.

1 minute ago, pedalphile said:

Ok. Short track or the real thing? I got no time for the short track nonsense. Was he whining about too much wind? The long track skating is brilliant to watch, so graceful as well as lung bustingly athletic.

The "real thing" as you say.

The issue is, he skipped the opening ceremonies because someone else won the honor of carrying the flag, through the established process of choosing such carrier.  He felt entitled to the honor and pouted for not earning it.

• Whatever 1

Just now, Goat Geddah said:

I got no time for the short track nonsense.

I love all speed skating.  Short track has subjective aspects to the rulings, which suck, but it is a lot of fun.

I'm looking forward to the mass start event on the long track.  That's actually the way we raced when I was growing up.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

The "real thing" as you say.

The issue is, he skipped the opening ceremonies because someone else won the honor of carrying the flag, through the established process of choosing such carrier.  He felt entitled to the honor and pouted for not earning it.

Shame on him, then. Hopefully 3 Dutch men will now fill the podium in his event.

1 hour ago, Goat Geddah said:

They could have solved this whole issue quite easily if they had just given Mr. Davis a Participation Trophy to carry in the parade.

• Heart 1