Feb 15 miles & such

Parsnip Totin Jack

Overnight it rained here but temps never went below 50. The trail was wet but it was nice out at 5:20 when I started. Rode the W&OD west to Sterling and back. 22 miles, 1:23. Saw a few bikes out, a couple of joggers and assorted dog walkers. A lot of deer, a fox and a skunk. I gave the skunk the wide berth that he deserved. Seeing the sun come up as I rode back is always a pleasure.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I usually rise at 5:20, but riding days I get up at 4:20 and leave the house by 5:20. Meet up at Navy Federal with the other peeps and ride out at 5:30. We get back to Caffe Amouri by 7:00. Get home, shower and change, I'm at work by 8:00. And I get 20+ miles in. 

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

I usually rise at 5:20, but riding days I get up at 4:20 and leave the house by 5:20. Meet up at Navy Federal with the other peeps and ride out at 5:30. We get back to Caffe Amouri by 7:00. Get home, shower and change, I'm at work by 8:00. And I get 20+ miles in. 

LUNACY! :D

I'd have to ride to work to get in a 20 mile "morning" ride, since that would combine a ride and the commute time most efficiently. That isn't gonna happen again until it warms up a bit more.  I still have challenges getting a ride started pre-noon.  I'm definitely an afternoon exerciser. Luckily, that will also get better as it warms up again and days get longer.

Tom

21 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm definitely an afternoon exerciser. Luckily, that will also get better as it warms up again and days get longer.

I followed my own advice (and my jealousy of @Old#7 getting a ride in), and I bailed from work early to ride before the great weather move out of the area. Of note is the 73* temp(!!!) and the 18mph crosswinds.  It was windy for sure. My lap averages were almost identical, so that shows it to be a pretty straightforward crosswind.  In any case, 22mile & 18.8mph is pretty solid for me this time of year.  My power output for the ride is the most heartening, since it showed I am not to far off my "better" form, but I can see my endurance is not where I like it to be (but it never is in February). In any case, lots of folks out there including the fast guy on the red Trek that seems to always be 1mph faster than me no matter what the season. He chews me up and spits me out on downward slopes.

IMG_5818.PNG.f5b7951a414597d1f301dbc97b9b75fe.PNG

Tom

• Awesome 1