Another flood

petitepedal

On 2/16/2018 at 1:21 PM, petitepedal said:

LOL @TrentonMakes I gave up wine for lent..hmmm I wonder If I could learn to drink beer

I didn't give up anything for Lent this year.  I'm still bummed about all the times I didn't eat meat on any Friday for years so I could avoid Purgatory.

Now all those people who ate meat on Fridays are laughing and the Catholic Church now says Purgatory doesn't exist.

So, to insure my reward, I want to be paid up front big time!  I should get a measurable Indulgence, like: you're 5% of the way to Heaven, assuming you commit no other religious crimes, if you don't eat meat on Ash Wednesday and all the Fridays in Lent in a year. And you have to show up for Church on Easter, but you can skip the Ashes on Ash Wednesday.  Then you lose 10% every year you mess up.

No more of this, "Oh, that doesn't count anymore!"

Note, by the way, that the official Catholic Canon requires no meat on EVERY Friday, but local bishops have been allowed to relax the rule.  The American Bishops removed the meat restriction except during lent in 1966, but they said they expected most people to continue the tradition.  Of course, almost all of us didn't except for the Vegitarians.