Pie shop in neighbourhood

shootingstar

It's a new place and bought freshly baked sour cherry pie with a butter crust. It will be for our delayed Valentine's dinner tomorrow. Yummers!  With braised yak meat, leek-fennel on side, glass of red wine..

Pie shop-baker seems to produce some interesting savoury pies --lamb curry, Jamaican spicy chicken, etc.  

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

It's a new place and bought freshly baked sour cherry pie with a butter crust. It will be for our delayed Valentine's dinner tomorrow. Yummers!  With braised yak meat, leek-fennel on side, glass of red wine..

Pie shop-baker seems to produce some interesting savoury pies --lamb curry, Jamaican spicy chicken, etc.  

I find it funny you comment on the "interesting" pies but not the yak meat. Eat lots of yak up north!?!?!? :D

• Heart 1

56 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Do they have grape pie? :dontknow:

I haven't seen grape pie anywhere yet. Hey, Kirby I've made a grape focaccia....it's based on a true Italian dessert pizza.  Just take froze pizza dough ( I make mine) and spread it thin on baking sheet. embed seedless grapes, other berry fruit and sprinkle with cinnamon, lemon peel, embed minced smashed ginger root and twirl on honey for sweetness..pop in oven @400 degrees for about 20 min. or so. It's hot and so lovely-healthy-heavenly. :)

• Heart 1