Living room furniture

petitepedal

I have a couch and loveseat set...purchased from a co-worker 15 years ago....and now I am starting to look and save for replacement stuff.. I also have an old quartersawn oak rocker in the living area.....This could be longer than a car purchase or a quick deal depending on what I decide...and what I start finding when I finally go out and look...right now it is just in the "I wish" stage :whistle:  What do you have in your living room?

We never had anything fancy. I bought new inexpensive furniture when I was getting married. It held up well and we finally replaced it twenty years later with a set that was much more expensive but didn’t hold up at all. We replaced it with some second hand furniture from people we knew. A couple years ago my wife bought some more fancy stuff. Recliners in the couch and in the rocker. She likes buying rocker recliners and has bought many over the years. Right now in our living room we have the the matching couch and swivel rocker recliner, an electric leather recliner that WOLJ uses, a massage chair recliner, and a glider rocker. Lots of comfortable seating for two people. I spend more time in my computer chair downstairs.

tA new sofa being delivered Wednesday.

Actually, had same vintage furniture, originally a Rooms to Go set, that has worn well. Split between living room and family room. Getting rid of piano tomorrow (keeing in family as was my mother's when she took lessons as a youngster, then my sister and I . Thay makes room to move the sofa and chair to the family room. Were going to get a sofa and chair for living room but had a nice chair that complimented the sofa, so just getting sofa and re-arranging.

A couch and comfy chair that I purchased when I first got the apt and a light wood cocktail table.   At one point I had a rocking chair in there too, but it's currently in the spare room with a variety of coats piled on it.

I've got a set of iron and wood shelves with framed photos and other personal items on it.  A small tv cabinet and a very old tv.

Hand me down stuff.  From my great Aunt and Uncle.  All Queen Anne furniture.  Two tables acquired from surplus from Balmoral castle.  One leather club chair over 100 years old.  I never use any of it.  We live in the family room with newer leather couches and chairs and reclaimed wood tables and entertainment centre. 

• Heart 1

I have a leather black couch in 1 city.... and another couch over 15 yrs. old where fabric is tearing in another city.  So we went upholstery textile shopping. Found a lovely large dynamic design fabric where I finished the edges on sewing machine, artfully tucked into couch and voila couch has a new cover.

When I moved to Vancouver from Toronto, I was able to give away some furniture to siblings who needed bookcase, computer desk for kids.

We haven't replaced any of the furniture at either place..so some furniture over 20 years old.  Living in condos forces us to limit size and variety of furniture. That's ok. 

Neither or us come from families with antique furniture.

Ok, a few months ago experimenting with panoramics and where else better to experiment than inside the house. This was a 360 degree with a Ricoh Theta which didn't turn out too bad compared to some of the others - had other problems with the camera and returned it to Best Buy. That sofa and lounge chair is going in the family room with the leather chair moved to where the lounge chair is as new sofa is delivered Wednesday. It will be a medium brown, cloth. Unfortunately, I built to entertainment console when we has a 27" CRT TV, now a 36" fits. Wife wanted that design, so therefore it was. Future project is building low consoles each side of fireplace and mounting a 60" TV (maximum fit) to the left of fireplace.

Incidentally, avoid the loose throwback pillows. The flattened pano throws it off, but the (very comfortable) lounge chair points toward the TV, and the leather chair points toward the sofa. And the wall along the entry loft and clock is directly opposite the fireplace wall. 

R0010004.JPG

• Heart 2

My wife asked for her grandmother's furniture after she passed so we have her complete dining room set, end tables & living room lamps.  Our couch is about 4 years old and we just have a big azz L shaped couch and matching ottoman. I have  50 gallon fish tank in the living room and the tv.

Great news! In today's paper, Big Lots has sofas and loveseats on sale for $298 each! (Actually, I found sets at that total price at quite a few places, typically furniture warehouse/outlets.) While I paid more for presumably better quality at Havertys, also ran into a sales person who would never earn my business and felt no guilt ordering online. Found the sofa on sale $100 off, but when she looked up the model matching the desired fabric/color swatch, it wasn't on sale because 'special order.' We walked, but at home checked Havertys website and it was on sale with the same 2-3 week delivery time. In addition to it reflecting the $100 sale discount and shipping/delivery cost the same, the fabric treatment/guarantee which I didn't get was $50 cheaper than what she quoted. Out came my credit card and I got the delivery scheduling notice a week later pushing my timeframe to get the piano to my nephew 60 miles away.