2/17 miles & such

bikeman564™

30 miles on the CX w/ 4 club peeps. We did the course for our CX race next month (which is 32 miles). Today's ride was all gravel roads except about 3 miles. There was a very icy section at the half-way point where we had to walk, otherwise it was great riding, w/ 1300' of climbing.

https://www.relive.cc/view/1412719997

• Heart 3

14 miles on the AWOL riding the Cross County trail. Ride was cut short because my sister called and said that Mom fell at the Assisted Living place over night and didn't call anyone. The nurse found her on the floor when they came in to deliver daily meds. Mom was taken to the hospital. A bruise and nothing more. My other sister went to pick up Mom there when she was released later. I'll go see Mom tomorrow. Worked at the LBS today.

• Heart 2

No riding today - went to my daughter and son-in-laws condo to help get it ready for them to move in.  Assembled the dining room table, reversed the doors on the refrigerator, took out an old alarm system the last owner had abandoned, fixed up some surface raceway for the telephone line, took down some equipment the last internet provider didn't bother to pick up yet, fixed some sharp metal edges on a heater so their toddler wouldn't cut herself, repaired one outlet and replaced another, ran the wiring for a proper closet light, tacked down a strip dividing the carpets between two rooms, and did some cut-in painting for the living room.

• Heart 2

No idea. My ride has not uploaded itself. I am not with my watch now.

Excellent schralp day. It's a long downhill and a little pedal to keep ya honest. Features galore. Some are falling apart. There is a bridge across this gulley and the bridge is falling apart. to help support the bridge there is a branch holding it up. Propped ever so precariously it mocks you. I walked across and was pretty terrified. The second time, I clambered around it. There was no water. 

The exit from the trail to the road is steep, and rocky. Today, I drop and rolled it. I used to limp down it.

June is past approaching. There are many plans to be made. There are some great riding partners I am lucky to know and love.

Edit.....

On part of the ride today was slushy snow. Excellent balance control. Your bike would catch something and track a different direction. I kept the bike upright on that entire section. Just kept saying...just like riding to work. 

Today was a very fun day of riding. Jumps, ramps, bridges, table tops, steeps, and rocks. 

Mountainbiking makes me happy. My knee pads are very gross.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1