Did I ever tell you about my living room rug?

Wilbur

9 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Great story but......   :TTIWWP:

Funnily enough, I had taken a lot of photos on that trip.  The day before we left, I took a picture of a large Soviet statue over one of the main streets.  Apparently, I took the picture across the parking lot of the French Embassy and the guards ran out and confiscated my camera.  

• Heart 2

Great story, Wilbur!

In 1996, I was traveling with a companion, Phyillis, who, at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, saw a beautifully patterned rug she loved but it was brown and she asked if the merchant had it in light gray.  He sent an approx. 12 year-old boy running through the streets to the factory or warehouse to get one.  We were treated to severely strong Turkish coffee as we waited.  The kid came back with a great looking rug that I think Phyllis paid about $200 for with a Visa card.

In our case, we were lucky and were able to have the rug shipped by the seller to the USA. Before buying, Phyllis asked if the rug could be shipped to America and was assured it would be.  She took the chance, though I'm sure she could have canceled the credit card charge, and it soon arrived in New Jersey when we got back from a wonderful "Aegean Odyssey" cruise with 3 days in Athens, 6 days cruising, and 3 days in Istanbul.  The next time I visit her, I'll have to ask where that rug is.  I think it was in her piano room the last I saw her home.

• Heart 1