Is the party over?

Airehead

Okay, here is what happened.

1.  Ryan constantly bit Lindie's tale.   It's not Ryan's fault, he seems to have been born that way.

2.  Ylva ran her brains out, which is hard to actually do.  Ylva is an extremely intelligent dog.  But, she managed to do it.

3.  There were Incidents!

4.  Tillie bit my hand two times while I was feeding her cookies.  It's not her fault, the cookies were delicious.

5.  All had a two ounces of steak for their nighttime meal.  No bacon.

6.  For this next statement, here is a little context.  Air has watched my dogs many times since I've lived here; both Inge and Ylva.  Every time I've picked them up from their stay there, Air always said, "They were the best most behaved Airedale of the bunch!".  I never believed Air, as both Ylva and even Inge could be a handful.  However, I kinda believe Air now.  Ylva actually listened and obeyed me once during our stay.

7,  One of the dogs chewed my right sock.  I don't believe it was politically motivated.

8.  Airedales are extremely goofy at times.  While I found some of their behavior irrational at times (my right sock), you could sense the deep calculation and Machiavellian strategic thinking involved.  Airedales are EXTREMELY intelligent and crafty.  They are also clowns.  I see why Air loves these dogs.  I love these dogs.

Okay, so after my stay I asked myself, "Would I ever want an Airedale?".  The answer was a resounding "Yes".  They are fantastic dogs!  However,  I don't know if I have the mental fortitude for them.  They are SO crafty, smart and head strong.  And goofy, cute and lovable.  Also, Tude would eventually smother me with a pillow at night if I invited one into my home.

With all of that said, thank you Air for allowing me the experience.  I hope to do it again.  I really enjoyed my time with your pups.  They are a joy to be around and watch.

Couch_Incident

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

13 hours ago, Airehead said:

I am in a hotel room wondering if the Airedales are busy cleaning up the debris from their house party yesterday or are they still sleeping?

When my sister's family is on vacation and I'm not going with them, I'm asked to sleep at their house so their animals won't trash the place.

I go to bed and one dog, Bailey, almost immediately jumps in bed with me on the mid-left (if you're standing and facing the bed at its bottom) of the bed.  Then Gus the cat meows and climbs on when I, a side sleeper, am facing left and moves close to or resting against the back of my head or shoulder at the very top right of the bed.  Soon Slinky the other cat climbs on, also so the right side, but gives Gus some space.  Then comes Milo, the other dog, who is always suspicious and doesn't climb on until he sees I'm not chasing the other three off.  He then takes a lower part of the bed on the opposite side of the way I am facing.

• Heart 1