Sliced or spears?

donkpow

4 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Your preference on pickles. I think we can disregard gherkins. They look like small penises removed from people who had small penises.

Gherkins would be the devil, if the devil wasn't already sweet pickles in any form, or relish, which is also the devil in a disgusting disguise.  

Slices are convenient, I suppose, but spears are more refreshing.

8 minutes ago, Intestinal Parasite said:

Gherkins would be the devil, if the devil wasn't already sweet pickles in any form, or relish, which is also the devil in a disgusting disguise.  

Slices are convenient, I suppose, but spears are more refreshing.

A reasonable conclusion, assuming a devil actually exists. Whereas, we have tangible evidence that sweet gherkins exist.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I am partial to bred and butter pickle.  Never with an s on it. They sub for salad.  If not them spears of good dill. 

42 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Bread and butter pickles are my favorite, too. Except I like mine with an 'a' and an 's'.

Those pickles are the devil.

I'm a salty snacker and since becoming diabetic have grown fond of pickles and other pickled veggies like cherry peppers and beets.  But back to pickles, yes. Sometimes spears, sometimes whole, sometimes gherkins (dude WTF is wrong with you!?!?), sometimes spicy, sometimes not but I do stay away from the sweet pickles. 

26 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I'm a salty snacker and since becoming diabetic have grown fond of pickles and other pickled veggies like cherry peppers and beets.  But back to pickles, yes. Sometimes spears, sometimes whole, sometimes gherkins (dude WTF is wrong with you!?!?), sometimes spicy, sometimes not but I do stay away from the sweet pickles. 

My mother used to make kickass ones with wax peppers in them.  She thought one batch was ruined because it was mucho hot, but I thought it was perfect. :skipping:

• Heart 1

On 2/18/2018 at 10:49 AM, donkpow said:

Your preference on pickles. I think we can disregard gherkins. They look like small penises removed from people who had small penises.

Gherkins have a place.  It is on the pickle and olive plate.  Gherkins go well with green olives.

On burgers, it must be sliced dill chips and they must be from a Southern brand, like Best-Maid, which are the go to pickle for a cheeseburger in casa de jsharr.  I recently had to raise my voice to wojsharr for buying store brand.  They will be thrown out and replaced with Best Maid.

With a deli sandwich, it has to be a dill spear.

Sweet relish is the only way to go on hot dogs and it can also be used on some types of BBQ sandwiches or as a garnish on the side.

A spicy relish can be used on sausages and brats and the like.

All other pickles are worth consideration, esp variants of the dill chip, like the spicy Dr. Pepper dill chip, which is also very good on a burger.

• Awesome 1

mmmm pickles........ and they don't have to be just cucumbers.

In the pantry right now:

Garlic dills, spears and slices, sometimes in the same jar.

Gherkin Cukes, and not little phallic ones, I've got a recipe where I can use full sized cukes.

Bread and butter cukes, my fave, with green peppers and onions

Bread and butter Anaheim chilies, these are awesome with smoked kielbasa on a potato roll

Gherkin Serrano peppers.  Not for the weak, and these are amazing for stopping muscle cramps almost instantly.

Beets, a recipe based on one from a (sadly now gone) Inn in Vermont.  Took a few years to figger it out.

Already ate all the pickled Watermelon radishes.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

And one simply cannot overlook the greatness that is the pickled mild jalapeno.  They are what makes a bowl of stadium nachos so great.  Stale tortilla chips, cheese pumped out of a can and a huge spoon full of pickled jalapenos!  

I get this from the concesssion stand at my son's jr. high football games.

A ritual of fall.