2/18 miles & such

bikeman564™

30 on the CX w/ two club peeps. Same route as yesterday. Except this...it was about 6 degrees warmer and the ice we walked over yesterday was half-ass melted which was good, but the conditions were peanut butter :blink: I fell once (on ice), but dayum was it messy. I'm worn out.

@Parr8hed I did get dirty FYI ;)

5a8a0486908b7_IMG_20180218_151022934_HDR1.thumb.jpg.9be6a829dabd08999df7d96e68cfd9cb.jpg

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

12 on the Mtn bike.  I rode up the really long steep ridge trail I had to stop 3 times last time up.  There is a really steep rocky section that I chose to hike a bike but otherwise didn't stop!  Funny that I only see riders going down, I have yet to see another rider go up it.

The best part was when I looped out of the nature preserve and had to ride on the road for a few miles to the park entrance. I was going up this moderate but long grade and wanted to really give it a push so was doing about 12 MPH up it.  I end up catching and passing two guys ahead of me on road bikes and the look on their face was classic.  First the rear guy looks back I'm assuming wondering what the weird noise is (knobbies on pavement) then does a double take as a dude in baggies on a Mtn bike passes them.  

I politely nodded and said hello as I went past. I figured they would have passed me on the downhill leading back to the park but they didnt...

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

The weather creeped up to almost 50* after getting some wet snow yesterday. That meant the snow was melted on pavement, but that it was still a little wet in places.  I chose to repeat a ride from a week ago, since I had been thinking about a new approach to a short, semi-steep climb.  Normally, just prior to the start of the climb, I drop into my little (34t) ring and the middle of the cassette.  I've been doing the whole main steep section standing the past few times and essentially not going below the 30/19, so I thought "WTF am I shifting into the little ring if I intend to stand?"  Anyway I stayed in the 50t big ring, and rode in the 19, then 21, then 23, before briefly heading into crosschain & the 25 for about 10 seconds. 

So, long story short, it was a "success" since I am far from in shape, and I was not planning to push too hard today during my test run. (My rear cassette 11-28: 11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-23-25-28)

Anyway, 39.5 miles @ 17.3.

IMG_5822.thumb.PNG.93090d7fe963c5477c425cf43d36cef8.PNG

Tom

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 2/18/2018 at 5:56 PM, bikeman564™ said:

30 on the CX w/ two club peeps. Same route as yesterday. Except this...it was about 6 degrees warmer and the ice we walked over yesterday was half-ass melted which was good, but the conditions were peanut butter :blink: I fell once (on ice), but dayum was it messy. I'm worn out.

@Parr8hed I did get dirty FYI ;)

5a8a0486908b7_IMG_20180218_151022934_HDR1.thumb.jpg.9be6a829dabd08999df7d96e68cfd9cb.jpg

That's what a Cx bike should look like :D

• Heart 1