We lost another student

Airehead

It has been a difficult year. Her 5 year old sister has just been diagnosed with the same quickly degenerative rare disease. I am working on my remarks for Wednesday. Words aren’t coming easy. This is from her obit:

Lilly loved dressing up in her dresses, dancing and playing doctor.  She loved her family and shared a special bond with her sister Riley.  Her favorite color was "red" and in honor of Lilly, the family asks that those attending her services wear something in red as a tribute to Lilly. She was here for a few short years, but has left a lasting impression upon the many people who had the privilege of knowing her.

• Sad 7

I just spoke with her father.  Somehow I found the words. When asked what I could do to help they said nothing. I suggested food for the gathering after the funeral. He said yes. Cupcakes, please. I am on my way to get stuff to make red velvet cupcakes. With princess decals in the icing. I think. 

• Heart 4

On the one hand, I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this, Aire.  On the other hand, I'm glad that families who are suffering through unimaginable grief have someone so  caring and competent to help support them during difficult times.  I'd hate to think how they'd manage if they were dealing with some bureaucrat who didn't care.

• Heart 1