Please send cat vibes for my friend Tommy Cat.

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

Tommy is on the left in the picture.  

Here's the deal.  Tommy was abandoned by someone a year ago.  Tude and I have been taking care of him for some time now.  A few days ago he came home after a fight, which has been a normal event since we have known him.  Last night his behaviour has changed dramatically, he's lethargic and not his normal chipper self.   Last night I had it in my heart I would wake up to a dead cat.  However, he's survived the night.

Tude and I are taking him to the same Vet Inge had at 3:30 EST today.  I'm not hopeful but I don't want my friend to suffer. He's brought me so many joyful moments.  He's taught me mindfulness and he's calmed my anxious spirit.  He's always been a great and wonderful cat.  

Wish us luck if you can.  Like I said, I'm not hopeful at this point.  We will do whatever the vet suggests.

Peace.

Rick

IMG_20170813_202024502.jpg

• Heart 4

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

By cat walker do you mean a collar/belly harness that you attach a leash to?  One of mine is only allowed out on a leash so we walk around while he finds fresh grass to chew on.  Then when he gets tired I bring him in and he throws the grass back up on the rug.

Yea, it's a body harness that allows you to walk the cat.

I told Tude this walking thing is her job.  I have street credibility to think about.  Vikings don't walk cats, even if the cat is cool as fuck like Tommy is.

With that said, Tommy always walks with Ylva and me anyway.  This will get Tude involved with our walks.  This is something the family can do together.

I'm turning 45 in a month.  I now have four fucking cats.

Couch

• Heart 4

12 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

I told Tude this walking thing is her job.  I have street credibility to think about.  Vikings don't walk cats, even if the cat is cool as fuck like Tommy is.

With that said, Tommy always walks with Ylva and me anyway.  This will get Tude involved with our walks.  This is something the family can do together.

Couch

Tommy has street cred.  Yours can only improve by him allowing you to walk with him. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

Couch

Image result for techno viking with a cat

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

Mate, a real Viking would make walking the cat cool.

In a rational world, I would agree.

But here in the states, we have a population of people known as Hipster Douche Canoes.  You see this type of activity and behavior with these type of people.  They are worse than Hippies.  There is no way on God's green earth, you will find me walking a cat on a string.  No.Fucking.Way.  My ego is too sensitive and important for that type of shit.  I can't take the chance.

Couch

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Tommy has street cred.  Yours can only improve by him allowing you to walk with him. 

Tommy is one tough mother fucker (I'm assuming he had sex on the streets).  And judging from his scars, which Ming our female cat digs btw, he knows how to MMA.

I worry about Bo however.  He's been king of the house all of his life.  He's actually bigger than Tommy.  However, Tommy would lick him in a fight.  Hopefully chopping off his bean bags will stunt any Joe Rogan meat head behavior. 

BTW, Tommy and I listen to Joe Rogan's pod cast all the time on the porch.  Tommy knows stuff.

Okay, it's time to clean up Tommy's area and feed him some breakfast.  I'm hoping he eats some food today.

Couch

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

Tommy is one tough mother fucker (I'm assuming he had sex on the streets).  And judging from his scars, which Ming our female cat digs btw, he knows how to MMA.

I worry about Bo however.  He's been king of the house all of his life.  He's actually bigger than Tommy.  However, Tommy would lick him in a fight.  Hopefully chopping off his bean bags will stunt any Joe Rogan meat head behavior. 

BTW, Tommy and I listen to Joe Rogan's pod cast all the time on the porch.  Tommy knows stuff.

Okay, it's time to clean up Tommy's area and feed him some breakfast.  I'm hoping he eats some food today.

Couch

You need to buy a black Dodge muscle car from the 60s to drive Tommy around in.  This would work.

Image result for black dodge muscle car

• Heart 1

Experience with the body harness (cats, not Wanda's) is that all is well so long as you avoid a situation where the cat suddenly tries to back away from you with tension on the leash.

Unless you are choking the cat with the collar portion they can slip it over the top of the head more easily than you think and once the collar slips the belly band will follow quickly.

Always,  no tension from the front.  If he turns and tries to back away move toward him.  In his early training you are going to go where he wants to go.  After a while you will learn to like this and the training will be complete.

• Heart 1

I often times take my cats for walks with their harnesses. We never get very far; they are too busy sniffing and looking around. Our big orange boy is so happy to be out for a walk with mom that he spends half his time gleefully rolling on the sidewalk. They only enjoy these walks early in the morning (summer); there isn't too much going on at that time, so it's not scary.  

Yup, crazy cat lady.

2 hours ago, smudge said:

I often times take my cats for walks with their harnesses. We never get very far; they are too busy sniffing and looking around. Our big orange boy is so happy to be out for a walk with mom that he spends half his time gleefully rolling on the sidewalk. They only enjoy these walks early in the morning (summer); there isn't too much going on at that time, so it's not scary.  

Yup, crazy cat lady.

Apparently I'm the Crazy Cat Viking.

Couch Loki

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

This Airedale gets along great with cats.

Couch

IMG_20180221_220146493.jpg

She really is an Airedale in a furry suit--- she is the best Airedale and now you know it too.  Next time, you come and stay with Tillie and I'll take the two boys to an agility trial.  You Tillie and Ylva would have a great time napping.

• Heart 2