Are you currently planning a trip?

Kirby

Are you currently planning a winter get away to some warm location?  Or maybe you're planning in advance for your summer vacation?  Or maybe you are planning to stay home and be glad that you're not dealing with the hassle of travel.

If you are planning a trip, where are you planning to go? 

12 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Are you currently planning a winter get away to some warm location?  Or maybe you're planning in advance for your summer vacation?  Or maybe you are planning to stay home and be glad that you're not dealing with the hassle of travel.

If you are planning a trip, where are you planning to go? 

It is a continuous thing for me Kirby.  So, yes, to all of the above. 

• Heart 1

Vacations and trips have to always be in the dream, plan, purchase, wait, and enjoy process. For us, it is best to have one in each step throughout the year.  We're always on the lookout for new trips and watch & read a lot about different travel options. Knowing what we want, we then start planning and, if required, start watching fares, looking for deals, and reading up on the idea. Then, we strike when we think we found what we want, followed by sometimes months of waiting until it is time to enjoy. During that wait, we are usually planning another trip - from camping to weekend outings, so "big" vacations take longer to plan & execute, but the smaller stuff can happen faster and more often.

Tom

• Heart 1

The Mrs gave me the OK to plan a few road trips with the new car this summer. One trip I hope to pick a section and explore all the old landmarks, etc and stay at a few old motor inns along route 66. I've also been plotting another trip to explore all the sites and curvy roads in and around the Smoky Mountains. In return, I need to go on an extended family trip to visit the Micky Mouse next December. :unsure:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

It's been abit complex to think beyond Vancouver this year, which is really home also....because of job loss at any time.

I would like to offer the reverse, to eldest niece a short sojourn where I am now...I missed seeing her when I was in Toronto last fall. She and hubby were in Bratslavia, Czech Republic, etc. at the time.

• Heart 1

Up till a few weeks ago we were planning on going to Bloomingdale Ga. For the first race of the Ahrma series this weekend. With my son working in California all week we won't be able to meet up with him for the first race of the year. So we decided to do our first race of the year at Carolina Motosports park Kershaw Sc. The last weekend in March. 

I don't have enuff vacation to be able to make it to all of the races that I want to race. 

• Heart 2

Thanks for asking!

12 of us, all related or relations of relations, are going on a hiking/boating/fishing/cycling/etc. week to Deep Creek Lake in Western Maryland June 30 - July 6.  We've already paid for the hi-tech cabin rental ($466 x 12) that has WiFi, 7 TVs, 2 refrigerators, pool table etc.  The same group, basically those of us who share Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner/presents, have often traveled together and most recently went to Bush Gardens and Water Country, VA in 2015 and on a Western Caribbean Cruise in 2017 and get along extremely well, including a few excellent teenagers and a 9 year-old.  Here's most of us flying to Florida last August:

FB_IMG_1502626146725.jpg.b1292e2df4ff0d9067508c436e4f0501.jpg

Here's where were going at the end of June:

5a8b82cc4ef9e_wherewerestaying.jpg.d0ae1fa4c60382c04ee58ed238672939.jpg9400579_orig.thumb.jpg.a26c10ce686787199f05eb8e1fc66468.jpglake.thumb.jpg.35bc6ae52b50b066b6893a0509c4ddc8.jpg

1908023_527331857379058_908052770400058079_n.jpg.a9191b34e71f3c77dd90c03f3831f99f.jpg5a8b8506f17be_all_earth5kayaking.jpg.f78898bfd348afdceaf02dca06c3636a.jpgall_earth3.jpg.b2bdb7df0beddc26bf6f7d4910133266.jpgflying_squirrel.thumb.jpg.c54b016e185af3ae1eec0ff6315bc7ac.jpgcoastergirl.thumb.jpg.1e7df94718582c88acdfa02a4cc9c019.jpg

5a8b82c977d0b_wherewerestayinginfo.jpg.91948d1d9bf2b4b12ce7b6871536396a.jpg

Of course, we'll be limited to Summer Activities?

Activities.JPG.9842f3ce0f52aba06877edce66421b64.JPG

2313419_orig.jpg

2073785.jpg

2313419.jpg

• Heart 2

Actual trips instead on weekenders...

3 trips planned. Next month a trip to BIL in South Carolina. Late June with airline ticket already bought, visiting son in CT (or technically, spoiling grand daughter) for a week. Finally our annual trip to Switzerland for 2 of the 4 weeks that childcare shuts down nationwide for 'European Vacation' (other grandparents the other two weeks.) Since we are over there, usually take an extra week. Last year went to Great Britain. This year thinking Tuscany. Waiting for daughter to tell us when.

• Heart 1

My wife and I are trying to get away for a weekend, just us.  It is hard to find a weekend that doesn't already have something going on.

This summer I believe we are going to visit some of her family in Chicago (a city I have never visited) and St. Louis.  I think we will drive.

None of these plans have advanced very far...

• Heart 1

We have a couple trips planned to warmer destinations.  But right now they are colder, so we'll go later in the year.

The highlight trip: Tahoe / Yosemite.  Bringing all of the kids, meeting the CA kids, Daughter in Law's family joining us.  We're planning to hike Half Dome.

Other than that, new camper, of course a few trips!