Weird Stock Market

MickinMD

What's not to love about Cracker Barrel Old County Store?

Every year it wins a "Best Restaurant" award.

As a stockholder, which I have been since I bought CBRL for $17 in 1994, you have to love the fact that the usual wait for a table is 30 minutes.

As a stockholder, you have to love the 2.8% dividend to which a 2% special dividend has been added each of the last 3 years.

As a stockholder you have to love the fact that the stock usually out-does the market, gaining 32% in the last year compared to 26% for the S&P 500.

As a stockholder, you have to love today's CBRL earnings report, with soaring earnings and sales and a projection of over 10% increases over the next year with a P/E of only 17.9:

5a8c4bd7df399_2018.2.18greatreports.JPG.2a6e9cce6297a141eef35fcde9a576b3.JPG

So WHY is CBRL stock down almost 10% this morning? Computer program-triggered sales?

5a8c4e7ab603a_2018.2_189.6down.JPG.91c5595455abd72dc04f98e2e97db06a.JPG

2018.2.18 8.4% down.JPG

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

Every year it wins a "Best Restaurant" award.

..seriously ?  The one off I-75 in Campbell county TN near  LaFollette was just dreadful.

It did do a pretty steady business, though.  Weren't many other places to eat off the interstate right there.

Helen was working at the Cracker Barrel over off the interstate when I lived there.:o

Helen Hill retires from Cracker Barrel after 40 years of waiting tables

Helen Hill, a LaFollette native, has served her extended community for 40 years. No, she's not an alderman, a city councilman or the mayor. Her service has been on the floor of the Rocky Top Cracker Barrel, 111 Colonial Lane, where she recently retired after 40 years of service.

"I started working here in 1975. I was 25 years old. I have really met some wonderful people over the years, and I'm going to miss them," she said.

WARNING! This is to die for...resist....resist...oh hell with it.

Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola® Cake

Oops! We Doubled the Chocolate. What started as a happy accident is now what makes our famous cake so special. We make it daily, by hand, and serve it warm with rich, creamy vanilla ice cream.

Coca_Cola_Cake_780x390.jpg

17 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I always liked Perkins.  They really thinned out though, so they are very few and far between.

Maybe it is the fond memory of it as a late night snack place when I was a teen. :)

A plate of 3 Perkins peach roll ups could suck up a fair amount of alcohol ?   Our Perkins sat next door to a Dinkin Donuts.  At 3 in the morning sometimes it was difficult to choose.