RIP

sheep_herder

Thank you for making our lives better for 13 years 8 months. We'll miss you!! He began suffering from DM a while back, and his quality of life diminished rapidly the last two days.  This last photo was taken earlier in the week with one of his favorite beds, a garbage can lid.

P1000014.jpg

• Sad 17

My heart hurts with you this morning.  What a special friend--- one we all knew and loved.  As you well know, it is hard to lose a loved one, but take comfort in the fact that those we love deeply are never truly gone.  Thinking of you and Mrs. Sheep Herder today.  Take the puppy for a romp for such is the circle of life and love.

• Heart 1

The loss of a pet is always a hard one, but you can take comfort knowing his time on earth was full of love and happiness. Since they (and we) can't live forever, it is our responsibility to help them have the best life they can in their short time with us while they are making our lives immeasurably better.  They are angels when on earth, and they become angels in heaven.

Tom

• Heart 1

I am so sorry, SH.  The loss of a loved animal companion is never easy.  On the plus side, that dog lived the life for over 13 years!   He was well loved and had space to run around in, and important jobs to do on the ranch.  Still, I'm sorry that you have to go through the sadness.