Should I invest in more workout equipment?

petitepedal

I just wonder if I would be better off with my own weight bench and some weights :dontknow:  Sometimes...the gym is busy...However there are times I get inspired when I am there...I do pay for the deluxe membership..so I could go to any planet fitness anywhere...and I can bring a guest to mine (RG has been my only guest)...that comes to $21 a month and a $40 annual fee........but if I get there 12 times a month (or my card does :whistle:) my insurance covers it...I have not yet done the drive up...swipe the card and leave thing...

28 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

No.  You have a membership.  Just go 12 times a month and get it for free.

This. But also there is a lot you can do at home without having to invest in equipment. I do push ups, core/abs at home and spend my time at the gym doing the excersizes I can't do at home.

• Heart 3

My brother in law had a brain aneurysm pop while he was lifting weights in his basement. His wife wanted the weight bench removed from the house, immediately, so I took the bench to the shed. When my BIL came back from the hospital, he had me make an outboard motor stand out of the bench. :)

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, donkpow said:

My brother in law had a brain aneurysm pop while he was lifting weights in his basement. His wife wanted the weight bench removed from the house, immediately, so I took the bench to the shed. When my BIL came back from the hospital, he had me make an outboard motor stand out of the bench. :)

I have been using the equipment at the gym rather than my stuff at home. Home stuff is nice but if you croak while using it like chopped liver did it leaves a nasty surprise for your spouse when she comes home. They also have an AED at the gym and they know CPR. 

• Heart 2

You can never match the quality of stuff you get at the gym.  Just their treadmills would cost 5 or 8 thousand each.  You can easily go to the gym 12 times a month, and then it's free!  I wish my insurance would pay, nope.  Wanna sit at home and do nothing?  Got high cholesterol and diabetes?  No problem, we'll pay for that.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

wish my insurance would pay, nope.  Wanna sit at home and do nothing?  Get a high cholesterol and diabetes?  No problem, we'll pay for that.

I wanted my work to pay for gym memberships for us. No they had a better idea. They required us to show up 15 minutes early each day for group stretching exercises. The stretching is a joke but they are paying about $45 a week per person in overtime pay for us to do that. Whelp, I guess that is a back door way to get your gym membership paid.:whistle:

• Heart 3

The gym at work is temporarily closed, so I'm back to the universal in the basement.  I'm getting fewer sessions in, every time I get near it , I see something else that needs doing.  And I do miss the stares of admiration I get when I let out a really good grunt pushing out the last few reps!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, 12string said:

The gym at work is temporarily closed, so I'm back to the universal in the basement.  I'm getting fewer sessions in, every time I get near it , I see something else that needs doing.  And I do miss the stares of admiration I get when I let out a really good grunt pushing out the last few reps!

Motivation kills most home gym efforts.  The best investment in fitness is more time. 

13 minutes ago, 12string said:

https://giphy.com/search/stare

8 hours ago, smudge said:

You could come to my house and work out in my basement. There is a boom box and a couple TV's, rollers if you have your bike, a treadmill, and a bathroom at the top of the steps. :)

Personally, I don't care for public gyms. Not as convenient, germy, weird people doing weird stuff, and know-it-alls giving their advice. bleh.

08.thumb.jpg.9ae79175fb54d974103dfc4f3ffabf1c.jpg

339.thumb.jpg.f6a32481481e945b89263994216ef675.jpg

249.thumb.jpg.d6528a5e1c6d76ff66d677b15cc5e200.jpg

Your gym set up is all wrong.  You need to move the equipment to get better flow.  Also, exhale as you press and keep your elbows in.  Also, the curtains block the view into the dressing room.

• Heart 1