The Archers

pedalphile

Is a radio soap opera, quarter of an hour, 6 days a week, on bbc radio 4. I listen to it, an everyday story of country folk. It started in wartime, to spread farming news and god tips, in times of desperate need, and has continued ever since.

Does anyone else listen to a soap on the old steam wireless?

• Awesome 1

but to offer a serious response - no, I don't listen to any serials on the radio.  The closest I've come was probably the recurring "Guy Noir" detective show on Prairie Home Companion, a weekly radio variety show hosted by one of those alleged sexual harassers.  The whole show was a throwback to the "radio days" and there was definitely a certain charm about it.  I listened to it off and on since the late 1980s.

Just now, TrentonMakes said:

but to offer a serious response - no, I don't listen to any serials on the radio.  The closest I've come was probably the recurring "Guy Noir" detective show on Prairie Home Companion, a weekly radio variety show hosted by one of those alleged sexual harassers.  The whole show was a throwback to the "radio days" and there was definitely a certain charm about it.  I listened to it off and on since the late 1980s.

I’ve listened to and loved that guy, also on the bbc.

• Heart 1

On 2/21/2018 at 1:15 PM, pedalphile said:

Does anyone else listen to a soap on the old steam wireless?

No, but I listen to something similar. I am a big fan of a lot of the Old Time Radio programs that are found online or via an app. I prefer the "theater of the mind"  to a lot of the crap that's on TV nowadays. Give me a good 'Your's Truly Johnny Dollar,' 'Suspense,' or 'Richard Diamond' program and I'm set. :)

• Heart 1