Why Not?

Razors Edge

...try an ultramarathon?

This is a great little film about a 100 miler in the mountains.  It is funny how accurately it reflects my experience as a support crew and pacer.  There is so much in there - the pain, the doubt, the tears, the pooping, the camaraderie - that hits the spot.  I just always wonder how the heck folks decide to do another one.  Crazy to the MAX.

Tom

I didn't play the link but I ran my 1st marathon through Team in Training and our coach was a ultra runner having competed in the western states 100 numerous times. 

The dude would run marathons for fun and on our runs would give us all a 30 minute head start, catch us all while giving encouragement & tips along the way, catch the lead group and double back to the stragglers and then catch the lead group again and double back. 

Our 15 mile runs were like 30 for him... The dude was amazing.

• Awesome 1

43 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Holy cow!  That is a long way ti run!

Yeah, no kidding. It was in SA, they were insane about running. When we got there I noticed quite a few folks out running on a regular basis. I mentioned it to my boss & asked about any upcoming 10ks. He said they didn't run anything that short. The shortest organized races were 16k/10 miles.

I had to run a marathon in under 4 hours to qualify for the ultra.