I'm Not Saying Folks In The UK Are Dim

Razors Edge

...but I feel like this article is strongly indicating I ought to:whistle:

Mountaineering Scotland said a recent incident in Glen Shee was thought to have been caused by a magnetic fastening deflecting a compass needle.

It said a group of walkers had wrongly headed east instead of west.

They then became disorientated in low cloud and ended up miles away from a road that would have led them to safety.

Tom

Just now, maddmaxx said:

I don't think that's exclusively and English problem so I'll just wait over there for someone to come along and kick your ass.

Seems it is more the Scots!  But the English are known to be a tad slower than their brothers to the North.  

Tom

When my son was in HS, he was invited to an engineering camp at a University.  Here they were, a bunch of the best and brightest, learning and experimenting for a couple weeks in a college setting.

When he got back, he asked me to fix his iPod.  This was years ago, the larger models still had magnetic storage.  I could NOT get that thing to boot, no matter what tricks I tried.  After many hours of frustration, I asked if he downloaded anything to it, did he have it with him in any of the labs?  Turns out one of the experiments he and his fellow geniuses came up with was what happens when you put his iPod on that huge magnet.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2