Where do you draw the line?

Longjohn

6 minutes ago, donkpow said:

By this logic, we should preserve hogs because they help find truffles in France.

04dd487d29aaee0202313b2a28b2498d--truffl

I'm not in France, also you can train a dog to find truffles and a multipurpose tool is far more valuable for survival.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, donkpow said:

By this logic, we should preserve hogs because they help find truffles in France.

04dd487d29aaee0202313b2a28b2498d--truffl

But even then dogs are preferred as they can be trained to let go, whereas with the porkers you have to wrestle them for the fungi. According to what I've seen on tv, anyway.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

But even then dogs are preferred as they can be trained to let go, whereas with the porkers you have to wrestle them for the fungi. According to what I've seen on tv, anyway.

That makes a lot sense, obviously we are not exactly truffle hunting experts, my knowledge started and ended with knowing pigs and dogs could be used to find them.

Now what I need to do is figure out how to train a dog to find morel mushrooms.  Now that would be most excellent.

• Heart 1

Actually, this topic is the height of hypocrisy. These people who strive to protect animals from the murderous hunger of humans don't find a similar repulsion from the genocide of weeds in their vegetable gardens. And don't get me started on the elimination of old growth forest to make way for soy bean fields. How about the decimation of wildlife through habitat destruction in order to have nice lawns? ...

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, donkpow said:

Actually, this topic is the height of hypocrisy. These people who strive to protect animals from the murderous hunger of humans don't find a similar repulsion from the genocide of weeds in their vegetable gardens. And don't get me started on the elimination of old growth forest to make way for soy bean fields. How about the decimation of wildlife through habitat destruction in order to have nice lawns? ...

Funny stuff, and only slight less mentally deranged than what I read in Farmer's Weekly today, posing as anti vegan killer logic.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Oh, yes miss the best part as pretty much all of them are big organic people.  Without farms and livestock, where do you get organic fertilizer?

• Heart 1