What am I missing in this logic?

Wilbur

Both men's and women's curling sucked this year for Canada.  The hockey teams are also sucking.  This places them in jeopardy for reduced funding going forward.  It seems every other country spends more on player development to achieve victories. In Canada, you already have to be successful to qualify for maximum funding.

1 minute ago, Goat Geddah said:

Oh.  Do you know if the US gov't funds US athletes?  I don't think so, but to be honest, I don't know.

I have no idea but the US has a lot better development programs through the college years.  Your high schools put out colleges athletics to shame. 

Need to liven it up.  Look at Premier League Darts!  Room full of tables full of fat drunken guys heckling the guys that look like Nascar drivers throwing darts.

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerStats.aspx

Curling needs to do the same.  Tables along both sides of the ice.  Cheap beer flowing freely. Bowls of Cheezies on every table.  Contestants loose the goofy ass pants and get some bowling team shirts 

Maybe add some sort of pyrotechnics when the stones hit each other.  Maybe have the stones glow in the dark and play under black lights or in the dark.

Add in some thumping music, card girls in bikinis to show the score between "ends" and a monster truck announcer and you will have a winner on your hands.

Labatt's Blue / Polaris / Cheezies Extreme Curling this Sunday, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!!!!

• Heart 1

The Canadian women's hockey team certainly didn't stink.  It's always nicer to win, but that was an incredibly close game that could have gone either way.

At least in skating, the skaters can qualify for envelope funding based on results, but it's not nearly enough to cover the cost of their training.  The money comes from sponsors, tv revenue and contributions, but with the decreasing popularity of the sport in the US, the amount available for skaters has also decreased.

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

The Canadian women's hockey team certainly didn't stink.  It's always nicer to win, but that was an incredibly close game that could have gone either way.

At least in skating, the skaters can qualify for envelope funding based on results, but it's not nearly enough to cover the cost of their training.  The money comes from sponsors, tv revenue and contributions, but with the decreasing popularity of the sport in the US, the amount available for skaters has also decreased.

True about the women's hockey Kirby.  I don't consider a loss by shoot out a loss but as they say in Olympic hockey, you don't win a silver, you lose a gold. 

I am really liking Katelyn Osmond though.  What a smile and what a performance. 

2 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

I’m happy to have no clue what you talk of. :D

The professional basketball team in Dallas, Texas was just exposed in a Sports Illustrated story to have a culture that was abusive / oppressive to women in the front office.  Some really bad stuff and the owner, billionaire Mark Cuban is very vocal and outspoken and may end up in some hot water 

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The professional basketball team in Dallas, Texas was just exposed in a Sports Illustrated story to have a culture that was abusive / oppressive to women in the front office.  Some really bad stuff and the owner, billionaire Mark Cuban is very vocal and outspoken and may end up in some hot water 

You have made me unhappy. Are you happy now?