$2,778,000

jsharr

That is the amount of money that was donated to Circle 10 Council of the Boy Scouts of America last night at the Friends of Scouting dinner that Martha and I attended.

Got to hear an 18 year old Eagle Scout from a local Troop who the Scout Master is a friend of mine.

He is a senior at Harvard and credits life lessons he learned in Boy Scouts for some of his ability to be where he is at today.

Also got to hear Randall Stephenson of AT&T speak about his views on the importance of Scouting as it pertains to leadership.

It was a great evening.  Even Martha said she enjoyed it, which was nice.

• Heart 3

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

He is a senior at Harvard and credits life lessons he learned in Boy Scouts for some of his ability to be where he is at today.

And just why was that slacker from Harvard skipping class to speak in Texas?

I'm thinking he's setting a bad example for those that look up to him.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Lettuce Prey said:

I don't have scouting in my background, so I don't have any perspective here.  Is this a national thing?  Given the amount raised, it seems that it must be.

Boy Scouts in America are broken into 4 regions: Western, Central, Southern and Northeast.  Within each Region there are Councils.  Circle 10 Council is the Northeast corner of Texas.  It covers 20 counties in Texas and 4 in Oklahoma.  Inside each Council are districts, which are smaller units, usually a town or a segment of a town, unless you are very rural, where it may be a good portion of a county.

Circle 10 Council has about 59,000 Scouts in around 1400 Packs or Troops.  

So that donation was basically to support Scouting in North Texas.  

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Boy Scouts in America are broken into 4 regions: Western, Central, Southern and Northeast.  Within each Region there are Councils.  Circle 10 Council is the Northeast corner of Texas.  It covers 20 counties in Texas and 4 in Oklahoma.  Inside each Council are districts, which are smaller units, usually a town or a segment of a town, unless you are very rural, where it may be a good portion of a county.

Circle 10 Council has about 59,000 Scouts in around 1400 Packs or Troops.  

So that donation was basically to support Scouting in North Texas.  

With that many kids, it must be a relatively small part of the budget.  Still good on you and all the donors.

3 minutes ago, Lettuce Prey said:

With that many kids, it must be a relatively small part of the budget.  Still good on you and all the donors.

The total Friends of Scouting budget for 2018 for Circle 10 is around $4.5 million.   Total operating budget for our Council is around $14 million.

15 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

No. 

That's me on the left..

And that is me on the right, sir.

We take cash, check or credit and can bill you annually, semi annually, quarterly or monthly.

Just go monthly and say $200,000.00 per month and I am sure they will be fine.

• Heart 1